Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Although born in Africa, Tim Biakabutuka was from Canada. No problem with Canadian exports...
    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Jay Harbaugh Tweet...
      "Today is a HUGE day for UM football!!"
      "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Interesting story about Harbaugh on mgoblog yesterday, talking about the staggering number of decommits and uninvites from Stanford's 2010 class. Perhaps Harbaugh is going full Saban and at least a few of these flyers will be genly nudged out of the class if higher guys commit.

Comment

• As I said earlier, I think nudging guys out to the door from THIS class is a foregone conclusion. With Bush and Kareem, he's at 20. There are at least 6 or 7 more guys they would definitely take.

He's also going to do more than "nudge" current, unproductive players off the roster.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• ``Bonjour. Je m'appelle Hannibal. Je ne suis pas optimiste.''

Comment

• I agree, and I thought Brian did well in capturing potential discomfort. I would rather see them just accept offers.

Comment

• UFM did it with 2 kids last year. And OL from Kansas and a DB from Maryland.

I've never had a problem with it provided the school gives the recruit enough to time to find a landing spot (i.e., get them moving on by the end of November). Recruits are free to decommit at any time and hose the coaches. Coaches ought to be able to do the same. Let the market sort it out. If you're a coach who earns a reputation for reneging on verbals it will factor into decisions sooner or later.

This is big boy football.

Comment

• I'd rather not, but fair enough. It's a matter of how it's done as well. Just no longer answering the phone doesn't seem cool.

Comment

• Well, yeah. I mean, it's easy enough to actually call them and tell them. Like I said, as long as the recruits have the post-season recruiting cycle to find a home, I'm fine with it.

I really can't imagine JH not trying his damndest to recruit over what he has right now, but then again, I'm not particularly impressed with what he has right now. He may just be stuck at DB. That would not be good. You don't really "coach up" DBs that much (as opposed to OL where he will have gads of talent).

Eh, I hope he doesn't. I'd hate to have to deal with the hassle of mailing a 6-pack, and right now I'm no real danger of that happening!

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                      ``Bonjour. Je m'appelle Hannibal. Je ne suis pas optimiste.''
                      Hack, knockoff the frog chatter, I don't trust Canadians as far as I can throw them.
                      "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• My only problem with it is there are so many frequent flyers in the coaching ranks, you do not want to alienate them if possible. But, it doesn't seem to hurt Saban UFM etc. so win and it's good.
                        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• UM Football Recruiting - by WM Wolverine

I'd prefer my coaches honor their scholarship offerings unless there is a behavioral change. Doesn't mean you can't stop contacting so the kid loses interest but a coach should honor commitments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by entropy; June 24, 2015, 09:20 AM.
                          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• OP let's be polite to our frogophone brothers and sisters. I suppose it's not something you might be interested in but some of the sisters in particular have that hardy rural glow to them that stands as an asset to our nation.

Comment

• Unlike most people, I don't have even the slightest problem with a scholarship offer being pulled as a result of a late high school injury either. Your offer is contingent upon your future ability to help win football games and IMHO you aren't owed anything until you sign your letter or intent. It's a tough break for the kid who gets hurt but it's not the program's fault that he got hurt and the program shouldn't have to pay the price for it.
                              Last edited by Hannibal; June 24, 2015, 08:29 AM.

Comment

• Injury is a good reason IMO. I agree with that. I just don't agree with handling it by ignoring the kid.

Comment

Working...
                                X