Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When people start deploying "as long as he wins" arguments you know something is afoot with whatever the current subject is. I mean no crap, if he wins people will put up with nearly anything. In other news, water is wet.

Comment

• I didn't listen to the full interview but read a handful of really stupid questions Cowherd asked. Stupid questions get stupid answers.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
        Name one of the "elite" NCAA coaches in America that has a bubbly-loves-everybody-loves-him demeanor. Most of the "great" or "mighty" college coaches in the US are a bit prickish in nature. Urban Meyer isn't a jolly sort of fellow. Neither is Saban. Mark Dantonio acts like a combination of Vito Corleone and WC Fields.

I don't think the interview costs him anything other than a few pissy words from Cowturd. No great loss.
        I have seen Coherd interview Saban and Coach K. (Duke). Two guys that I would say do not have a 'bubbly-loves-everybody-loves-him' personality. And, they did what I thought were very good interviews--despite the fact that I despise both of them. Coach K. was actually a bit funny at times. Anyway, both took advantage of the situation in promoting their philosophy, program, point of view, etc.

My comments about the segment is not a referrendum on JH. Just that I think, in this situation, JH was perplexing and, given his experience, did not take advantage of having the microphone before a national tv audience.

As Fruit Loops mentions up-thread, why go on in the first place.

As for JH's tweet trashing Coherd?.take the high road Jim. In this situation, you'll never get in the last word.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          When people start deploying "as long as he wins" arguments you know something is afoot with whatever the current subject is. I mean no crap, if he wins people will put up with nearly anything. In other news, water is wet.

I'd suggest it means the leash is shortened by the coach himself.
          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Harbaugh hasn't coached a single game at Michigan yet and some are micro-analyzing his every move? Obviously JH harbors disandian for ESPN and Cowherd and thank goodness, ESPN and Disney are destroying CFB.

Try focusing on the fact that he will likely land the #1 recruit in the nation, not Meyer, not Saban and not Stoops or Miles, but JH...nothing short of genius.

"Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• CowTurd was asking questions that were designed to lead the interview down a certain path, and get responses he wanted. Harbaugh realized early on in the interview that CowTurd was asking questions he really didn't want to answer, so he dumbed down his answers. CowTurd saw he wasn't going to get the answers he was looking for, and gave up in frustration.

Harbaugh did the same thing in his introduction presser after accepting the Michigan job. Someone asked him, "Are you dismayed by how your tenure with the 49ers ended?". Harbaugh responded that he didn't know what they meant by "dismayed". Of course Harbaugh knows what "dismayed" means. He has a college degree for goodness sakes. He just didn't want to go down that road with the reporters question. He gave a dumbed down answer, and moved to the next question.

Guys like CowTurd and Rome are always trying to find ways to make themselves part of the story. Its how they make a living. Harbaugh didn't cooperate today. Too bad for Cowturd.
              Last edited by lineygoblue; July 1, 2015, 06:25 PM.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Yeah, I think most listeners probably took away that Harbaugh sounded like an ass. Not that Harbaugh is too clever and too wily to get trapped by the dumb Cowherd's questions.

Comment

• He sounded like however you wanted him to sound.

Comment

• Yes that is correct, CowTurd's endless suck up interviews are evidence of that.

Comment

• Give him time and he'll be doing the same to Meyer and Dantonio.

I'm sure they'll give him the bubbly and cheerful answers he's looking for.

Comment

• That was a plain vanilla interview that any sentient, competent human would have nailed. JH was a total ass and only the M brainwashed faithful think otherwise. And even some of them understand how awful he was. It was a softball interview that any normal coach would handled. I have no clue why JH even agreed to do it.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• There's plenty of people out there, just read twitter, that aren't M brainwashed faithful that do think otherwise.

Huge nothingburger.

Comment

• At least Cowturd won't be ringing Harbaugh's phone for another interview soon.

Good.

At least something positive came out of it.

Comment

• LOL. This is so beneath Harbaugh, NFL royalty returning to CFB? Local media free, national crapsters 1/2 mil cash, exclusively on JH's terms, 50/50 split with Michigan. Otherwise go interview the countless amateur rank fuckwads, start in Columbus.
                              "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Looks like no 'acceptable' scholarship offer to Quinn Nordin, M supposedly talking gray-shit with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X