Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isn't he regarded as the country's best kicker or one of them?

Comment

• It sounds like the same type of deal with the kid that MSU offered.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
        CowTurd was asking questions that were designed to lead the interview down a certain path, and get responses he wanted. Harbaugh realized early on in the interview that CowTurd was asking questions he really didn't want to answer, so he dumbed down his answers. CowTurd saw he wasn't going to get the answers he was looking for, and gave up in frustration.

Harbaugh did the same thing in his introduction presser after accepting the Michigan job. Someone asked him, "Are you dismayed by how your tenure with the 49ers ended?". Harbaugh responded that he didn't know what they meant by "dismayed". Of course Harbaugh knows what "dismayed" means. He has a college degree for goodness sakes. He just didn't want to go down that road with the reporters question. He gave a dumbed down answer, and moved to the next question.

Guys like CowTurd and Rome are always trying to find ways to make themselves part of the story. Its how they make a living. Harbaugh didn't cooperate today. Too bad for Cowturd.
        Liney, I'm guessing you've listened to or read the transcript. Here's the first question:

"Cowherd: I'm great, coach. How are you? ... Is there ever a moment in the day when you are like, "I'm a cupcake, I'm soft"? When is the part of the day when you are a pushover?

Harbaugh: I don't know. I don't know. Maybe ask Sarah, my wife. I don't know."

Exactly what tretcherous path was the interviewer trying to take him down? A pretty benign question as were most of the others. I do think the "buy" question could be construed as a a bit confusing though I think as many got it as did not. Certainly the phrase "buying in" is common jargon in sports so I don't know that it should have been all that confusing but still I'm give it that. The question during his intro presser about his 49er tenure is a bit more baiting than any of the one's posed to JH today.

It was just a bad interview and, like most other people, I haven't the slightest idea what JH was thinking. Any criticism thrown his way is deserved.

What I did not like about Cowherd was the aftermath. After Cowherd saying, many times, that he does not like to embarrass people (as a reason for cutting the interview off), he then goes on to spend the bulk of his program cutting on JH for giving an embarrassing interview. Ratings, entertainment, and all that jazz. Still, shame on Coherd for that.
        Last edited by Mackenzie; July 1, 2015, 10:41 PM.

Comment

• I listened to the show tape.

It was a terrible radio interview...... by Cowherd and by Harbaugh.

Sure, Cowherd was throwing softball questions for JH to expand upon and maybe he should have but he chose not to do that. I do think Cowherd's questions were dumb and he got dumb response.

I really don't know if this was JH playing Cowherd or JH just being a shit and not really wanting to talk to anybody about anything. Either way both of them looked bad.

The difference is, Harbaugh could care less, Cowherd had to keep talking about it because he has a complex about getting good interviews, looking (sounding) good o n the air and he bombed .... no thanks to the guy he interviewed.

But as said up thread by Oracle:

"Huge nothingburger"

Couldn't agree more.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Cowturd: Hi Jim, I heard you're a cupcake ... what kind of cupcake are you?

yeah, .. great way to open up a sports interview....

As I said before, we all know Harbaugh can be quite prickish. Its part of his nature. Harbaugh is never going to give a bubbly interview straight out of the Brent Musberger handbook. He's a football coach, ... and a doggone good one at that.

Cowturd will probably still have his panties in a knot a week from now over this.

Harbaugh will probably forget the guy's name.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Cowherd had to keep talking about it because he has a complex about getting good interviews, looking (sounding) good o n the air and he bombed .... no thanks to the guy he interviewed
              Cowherd was promoting the interview all week. It was a big deal for his show. When the "star" interviewee turned out to be god fucking awful he almost had to apologize to his audience for promoting a complete pile of shit interview.

But, yeah, HARBAUGH!!!!
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Zapruder lasted 26.6 seconds, these seems to last an eternity for some.

Cowherd got exactly what he wanted, a ratings boon for an otherwise worthless show because the greatest coach in CFB blew off his interview.

Yawn
                "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Harbaugh won another news cycle. If it was just a bland interview it wouldn't register. It won't mean much because he's on to win the next news cycle.
                  Last edited by froot loops; July 2, 2015, 07:21 AM.

Comment

• I just played it backwards, sounds like Paul may have shot John?
                    "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• lol
                      If you keep shootin, you can turn any piece of meat into burger

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                        I listened to the show tape.

It was a terrible radio interview...... by Cowherd and by Harbaugh.

Sure, Cowherd was throwing softball questions for JH to expand upon and maybe he should have but he chose not to do that. I do think Cowherd's questions were dumb and he got dumb response.

I really don't know if this was JH playing Cowherd or JH just being a shit and not really wanting to talk to anybody about anything. Either way both of them looked bad.

The difference is, Harbaugh could care less, Cowherd had to keep talking about it because he has a complex about getting good interviews, looking (sounding) good o n the air and he bombed .... no thanks to the guy he interviewed.

But as said up thread by Oracle:

"Huge nothingburger"

Couldn't agree more.
                        I watched the video of the interview. Judging by how animated his (CC) face got as the interview progress, it looked like he panicked when things weren't going the way he wanted it or expected it to go. I haven't listened to him for years because his smarminess always got on my nerves. I'd say he and Jim Rome are a little different in that I think Rome actually cares what his guest are saying and can roll with things whatever direction they go in. He's grown since the Jim "Chris" Evert days.

You would think that if he was publicizing this interview all week that he would've had some better questions prepared. Hell, if he was going to start off the segment with a fluffy question, he could've talked about Jim throwing out the first pitch the night before. Everyone was talking about Harbaugh bringing the heat. That would've been an easy opener instead of asking him if he's ever a cupcake.

I do agree that Harbaugh probably should've skipped the interview if he went into it with a chip on his shoulder. I'm not sure that was the case, though. The interview was going okay until the BUY/BYE question. Jim misunderstood CC and it took some time for him to get what he was saying and CC started to panic after that.

Beyond CC talking about it, I do think this story is dust in a week or less.
                        Last edited by *JD*; July 2, 2015, 09:11 AM.

Comment

• Harbaugh being Harbaugh. He's awkward in every interview. Anywho, commit watch for the next couple of days, Hawkins tomorrow and apparently a 4* Linebacker on July 4th - Per @UofMDieHards/Bobby Kunz.
                          Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• I didn't think it was that bad. Typical Jim Harbaugh. Harbaugh makes it clear that he doesn't like stupid questions by giving short answers or acting like he doesn't know what an interviewer is talking about. Interviews are a game that he doesn't like playing. Other coaches go along (Do you really think Nick Saban likes doing interviews?) because it's good for their image. Bo Pelini made nice during interviews, but everyone knew he was really a dick. Harbaugh doesn't care. He should probably play the game until he has established a winning program where kids will want to play despite his public image, but I don't see that happening.
                            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Now this is a bad interview:

Get the most current sports news, GIFs, photos and rumours from The Big Lead, always racking up the top sports news headlines.
                              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I like when Cowert said to the effect that he can't see any kids wanting to go play for Jim. As if recruiting has something to do with interviewing skills.

Comment

Working...
                                X