Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M landed Kurt Taylor RB (3*, Georgia) generously listed at 5'9". Already had 15 offers but mostly from C+ or lesser caliber programs.

Comment

• "M landed Kurt Taylor RB (3*, Georgia) generously listed at 5'9".

That's about the height of Barry Sanders. Hope this guy is a stud because on size alone it is a huge disadvantage. A good big guy can almost always beat a good little guy.

Comment

• Guys who are 5-8, 205+ aren't small guys. They're short.

Comment

• Maybe he can hide behind all those big offensive linemen or at least go underneath their legs. Nah, that doesn't sound right at all!

Comment

• Low center of gravity is never bad for an RB.

Comment

• Anyone remember Jamie Morris?
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• How about Anthony Carter?

He was about 5' 8" .. and 160 when he suited up the first time for Michigan.

Comment

• Mike Hart

Comment

• Hart was every bit of 5' 7" .. and they lied when they put in the program that he weighed 180

Comment

• Are you saying he weighed less than 180? The program had him at 195 anyway, so I don't know what that means.

Comment

• I'm 80% of all the bits of 6-6/250 myself.

Comment

• 5-6/250?

Comment

• 120% of 5-6/250.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                              Are you saying he weighed less than 180? The program had him at 195 anyway, so I don't know what that means.
                              When I watched them play in Evanston a few years back, I stood about 20 ft from Hart for pregame warmups. He then ran right by me, as the team went back into the locker room. Fred Jackson actually came over and stood by us, and told us, "I'm watching how Hart warms up, to see if he can play". He saw limited action that night.

As he ran by me, I guarantee I can size people up fairly accurately. He wasn't over 180. I'd buy 170, but not more than that.

Comment

• I don't buy your guarantee. I also don't buy that Hart put on 36 lbs from the NW game til the combine. It's easy to miss hidden weight on athletes in the thighs, calves, etc. Don't think you will find any 170lbs backs run like Hart.

Comment

Working...
                                X