Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've read Rashad Weaver, Dytarious Johnson, and Sir Patrick Scott or Kiante Enis

Comment

• Yup, heard the least rumors about Sir Patrick Scott, not sure where he stands.

Comment

• Interesting what we're gonna do with the OL. Davis announces the 2nd too. Would we take both? 2 different positions, but that's a lot of numbers for the OL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pasadena Blue View Post
          I've read Rashad Weaver, Dytarious Johnson, and Sir Patrick Scott or Kiante Enis
          Those are the most talked about because they're the lowest rated, but I'd be surprised if we "lose" more than one of them.

Comment

• Pretty sure Enis is out, pretty solid info on him since this summer and he's the highest rated of the bunch. I expect him to end up at Indiana...

Qualifying and admittance the issue with both Scott and Johnson, both need to do more to get admitted to M at this point. Less hope for Johnson to qualify... Insiders say Scott is wanted in this class by the staff, he just needs to qualify for M...

Not sure if Rashad Weaver will get pushed out of this class but insiders are saying he's being recruited over like he might be. I think he's criminally underrated and he's an Ivy League student.

Comment

• If we get Long, Hill, and Gary this class will be pretty solid of DL, OL, and the secondary.

LB seems to be a misfire by the staff ... I think they held out on hopes for Kelly for too long even when the arrows were clearly pointing elsewhere. It is somewhat shocking to me given that that is the biggest and scariest hole on this team right now.

If we get neither Hill or Long, a reasonable possibility, this class will also be weak on the secondary side.

Not a bad job by JH overall, but have significant work to do next year.

Comment

• Insiders still awfully confident on Hill despite him scheduling other official visits... Long is a coin flip that probably slightly favors Washington.

Surprised they allowed Reese to leave over the early enrollment issue. I do know M was struggling to promise a spot to all their top targets/commits who wanted to early enroll... Never thought Kelly was anything other than a longshot. Jackson is the best talent left at LB, but the offer to Khaleke Hudson says a bit about M's chances with him (& Jones)....

Lawrence Marshall was playing OLB/'buck' at the end of last season, not sure if that's a permanent move but I think he'd do well there.

Joshua Uche DE/LB is awfully lowly rated but looks every bit a 4-star to me. M will try to get him to officially visit on their huge recruiting weekend of Jan 15th... Probably the same for Levi Onwuzurike...

Speculation is a receiver will move to safety, both Hawkins & Mitchell played it in high school. Chris Evans could end up at safety though he's not played it that I'm aware of. I like the WR class more than most, it's a very solid class but lacking the gamebreaker you really want to stretch the field... This situation is fluid and depends on who else they bring in at DB.

Jacob Mathis TE (4*, Florida) could end up back on the recruiting board as he might not be a take for Florida. Still might be tough to pull him out of the south. Still expect Nauta to end up at Georgia or somewhere in the south, would be a pleasant surprise but I won't be on twitter to hear him announce...

Don't think with the numbers crunch, M would take both Delance and Davis. Still, M will graduate 4 starters after '16 so they'll need help soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pasadena Blue View Post
                  If we get Long, Hill, and Gary this class will be pretty solid of DL, OL, and the secondary.

LB seems to be a misfire by the staff ... I think they held out on hopes for Kelly for too long even when the arrows were clearly pointing elsewhere. It is somewhat shocking to me given that that is the biggest and scariest hole on this team right now.

If we get neither Hill or Long, a reasonable possibility, this class will also be weak on the secondary side.

Not a bad job by JH overall, but have significant work to do next year.
                  Every where I've read says M hasn't even been recruiting Kelly the last few months, instead focusing more on Bush, Jones and Jackson.

Comment

• presumably once Kelly told HARBAUGH he could go fly a kite

Comment

• Reese is the one that I find troubling. Here is a guy who really likes UM, at a position of need, and we cannot accomodate him with an EE. Is there a limit on the number of EE players in each class? If other D-1 schools can allow an EE, why not UM? If the requirments for UM are more stringent, then, UM is again recruiting with one hand tied behind its back.

Comment

• Maybe Harbaugh only wants guys enrolling early that he knows he won't be possibly kicking out before a 5th year.

Comment

• Reese was recuited at FB but may prefer LB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                            Reese is the one that I find troubling. Here is a guy who really likes UM, at a position of need, and we cannot accomodate him with an EE. Is there a limit on the number of EE players in each class? If other D-1 schools can allow an EE, why not UM? If the requirments for UM are more stringent, then, UM is again recruiting with one hand tied behind its back.
                            I think you an have as many EE as you want, but you can only have 85 dudes on scholly at any time. Or something like that.
                            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I get why these guys want EE but if they can't have it and say that's a deal breaker then kick bricks. Get players that will give everything for the team.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I'd be really surprised if there was a particularly good reason why Reese couldn't do EE at M.

EEs are generally desirable when you're doing a class with big numbers. They count against last year's class and allow you to go above the 25 you're limited to per year. They don't change the 85, but help you deal with the 25 -- especially if you're, ummm, clearing space on the 85 and have the spots.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X