This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
    I get why these guys want EE but if they can't have it and say that's a deal breaker then kick bricks. Get players that will give everything for the team.
    If you are focusing on recruiting nationally and trying to get 4 and 5 star players, this strategy is not as viable. I'm not saying it's impossible to find some players that are highly rated but are willing to do everything for the team, but you are more than likely making for some allowances.

It's more than likely Harbaugh has no use for Reese and is using the EE as a way to get out of the commitment.

Comment

• Correct.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Maybe Harbaugh only wants guys enrolling early that he knows he won't be possibly kicking out before a 5th year.
        I guess, but there has been no reason that I have read that would make one think that Reese is anything but a good kid. It is true that he has been adamant about playing linebacker, but that is what we need far more than FB.

EEs are generally desirable when you're doing a class with big numbers. They count against last year's class and allow you to go above the 25 you're limited to per year. They don't change the 85, but help you deal with the 25 -- especially if you're, ummm, clearing space on the 85 and have the spots.
        All I can see is this is just another reason to help a kid do an EE if he wants to, particularly since we have had two smallish classes in a row. I guess it must be what Froot and Talent say: JH must not really want the kid.

All I can say is that his tape looks good, he is local, and he is a UM man. He just looks better than VV to me.

Comment

• On a related note, if you've worked your tail off to graduate early and the team you committed to says you can't enroll early, that's going to be a deal breaker most of the time. It's easy to say pound bricks for a fan who has no investment in it, not so much for the player.

Comment

• Geezer:

It could be that there really is some snafu that prevents EE -- maybe he's missing a class that M requires but others schools don't. I'm skeptical, but it's possible. I think the cynical conclusion is probably correct.

In the mean time, OSU fans are hoping that Corley gets approved for EE (somehow he had a class he had to/didn't take...whatever). The feeling is if he decides today then OSU would be good shape...if it drags on he's likely to swing back to MSU or consider ND or reconsider M...most likely EL -- which is where I see him.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Michigan's two Prattville (AL) commitments, Kingston Davis (RB) and Dytarious Johnson (LB), were named first-team all-state in their respective division on Saturday, the school announced.

I'm sure they played against nothing but horrible competition, and that Harbaugh has once again misfired on the evaluation of talent, .. but hey, .. the kids did good.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• With Reese he was supposedly told there are limited EE spots.

Comment

• I think it was more likely that Michigan wanted him but wanted other dudes more.

I will say I'm surprised that McKeon is an EE and they wouldn't make room for Reese. Which I guess says something about thier view of Reese.
                  To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                    Michigan's two Prattville (AL) commitments, Kingston Davis (RB) and Dytarious Johnson (LB), were named first-team all-state in their respective division on Saturday, the school announced.

I'm sure they played against nothing but horrible competition, and that Harbaugh has once again misfired on the evaluation of talent, .. but hey, .. the kids did good.
                    Prattville is legit. They are in the largest classification (7a), and have won the state 5 times, and their region dozens of time. Good program. They get tons of kids on scholarship to various schools.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Quiet, AA. You're ruining the second guessing of the recruiting experts here. :-)
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• With Reese he was supposedly told there are limited EE spots.
                        That's what I read too. And, like Seattle, I don't understand why they would want McKeon more than Reece. It is just hard to believe that if the kid qualifies, they can't have as many EEs as they want.

And again I come back to what I think is the reason: UM has higher entrance requirments than their competition.

Comment

• Hunt those people down and shame them whoever they are.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                            Quiet, AA. You're ruining the second guessing of the recruiting experts here. :-)
                            Sorry. (BTW, the Davis kid led the region in rushing. Over 1600 yards iirc.)
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                              With Reese he was supposedly told there are limited EE spots.
                              From what I understand of the rule, there are limited spots. You are still subject to the overall 85 schollarship rule, and EE's count against this. So you can only enroll as many EE's as you have free scholarships in JANUARY - not the end of year.

This may be why there was limited EE space.

Comment

• from Wixon MI; that sounds reasonable

Comment

Working...
                                X