No announcement yet.

All Things Notre Dame - The Clashmore Mike Memorial Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He can't be that naive... Can he? I understand falling for a prank, but calling someone your girlfriend you never met in person...??
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Manti and teammate talk girlfriends

[youtube]zSf_P38SamY[/youtube]

Comment

• Now before we all go bashing Te'o's girlfriend, I want you to know her sister is really nice.

Comment

• Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• WTF...

Check out the last couple paragraphs...

Notre Dame says a story about Manti Te'o's girlfriend dying, which he said inspired him to play better as he helped the Fighting Irish get to the BCS title game, turned out to be a hoax apparently perpetrated against the linebacker.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clashmore Mike View Post
              WTF...

Check out the last couple paragraphs...

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...pparently-hoax
              Yeah...crazy story

Comment

• Teo could be telling the truth as weird as his and ND's stories are.

As easily, the whole thing could have been a carefully contrived part of a Heisman Trophy campaign, an effort to boost Teo's NFL draft stock and the price to an NFL team for his services.

If the later, it is just sick that someone or group of people acting together could do such a thing. OTH, it does not surprise me at all. People have done way crazier shit than this for a few million.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The Heisman publicity thing is a stretch in my opinion, just because ND was an unproven 2-0 at the time with wins over Navy and Purdue...and of course Teo is a linebacker...seems pretty elaborate for the circumstances.

Still, I'm at a loss...one theory is as good as another. Half-assed forensic internet gurus on the ND boards are trying to make the case that it is USC students.

I'm really curious to find out who the perpetrators of the hoax are. Do they step forward and get their five minutes? Write a book?

I'm betting right now every techie blogger who is anything of a CFB fan is searching for the "real" Lennay...

Comment

• I quess he received the game ball on behalf of his deceased gf after the M game.

Can't wait to see what happens in nd nation next week.

Comment

• Teo makes quite a few references of 'seeing' this girlfriend (meeting after the Stanford game, etc.), not to mention talking to her on the phone. He was either duped really, really, really badly or he was in on it.

Comment

• You mean to tell me Tao couldn't find a real girl on the ND campus? LOL...this is just funny as hell. I think he was in on it.

Comment

• Maybe he really is a true believer in his faith? I don't know.

Comment

• When the guy from ESPN - Gene Wojosomething - asked about pictures he was told by Teo that the family didn't want to release pictures. Who did Teo talk to? I also find it suspicious that he didn't go to the funeral of a girl he called "the love of my life" in an interview. He claims they talked on the phone every night. Can't that be proven or disproven through his phone records?
                            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Thats what I'm saying. The "love of you life" and you never met her or didn't go to the funeral? Doesn't add up. However, I thought this kid was a class act and couldn't see him hoaxing the entire country like this.

Comment

• At some point, he had to know. I doubt he set up the whole elaborate thing, but at some point he knew he was being duped, but didn't know how to get out from under it or didn't want to.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X