No announcement yet.

All Things Notre Dame - The Clashmore Mike Memorial Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New rumor says that Teo received help creating girlfriend hoax by a guy named George O'Leary.
    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• What's really sad is that the Teo news is getting tons of media and fan attention, while the Lizzy Seeberg story is virtually ignored.

http://www.thenation.com/blog/172042...ne-cry-justice#

Comment

• Indeed .........

It's clear that world wide, the mouth pieces of civilized societies, their governments, can sound good by condemning various forms of violence, rape among them, it seems they can do little about it. The law does not seem to help much in reducing it.

But actually, it does, a study published recently by some anthropologist I heard interviewed on NPR, noted that the amount of violence perpetrated by humans agasint other humans has actually declined substantially in 2 million years. he documents this pretty thoroughly but I can't site (sorry). When I heard him describe the declines from periods where cannibalism and ruthless killings by those in power were commonplace it made sense.

Still, stuff like this, along with other recent violent events where you go, "I can't believe someone would do that," is disheartening. I guess responsibly bringing this sort of outrageous conduct into public view is a good thing but I'm not confident that those who should be held accountable will be when it is. Humans just aren't good about that. It's easier to hope the allegations just go away and they usually do when we are culture immersed in Entertainment Tonight.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
            He never once visited her after she had a life-threatening car accident. He never once visited her after she was diagnosed with leukemia. And he has never been to her grave or visited her family since her "death"

The love of his life.

This is where he really fucked up. As more and more info comes out, I'm started to be convinced that he wasn't "in" on this...that he was truly duped, but then implicated himself by embellishing/exaggerating the relationship.

He needs to get his ass out in front of the cameras and face the music. This isn't going away until he comes clean...

Comment

• Wierd. The more and more I hear, he's a liar and fabricator.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                Wierd. The more and more I hear, he's a liar and fabricator.

I'm not going to either argue or disparage that take on it...just as valid as any other. But therein lies my point. This doesn't go away until he comes clean one way or another.

Comment

• This is one of those situations where Occam's Razor proves very useful.

The most likely answer is the one that doesn't involve a few dozen unlikely events and nonsensical behaviors all combining into one, massive perfect storm of bad luck and coincidences.

In this case, that answer is: Teo is a lying con artist.
                  Last edited by Hannibal; January 18, 2013, 04:44 PM.

Comment

• Who cares.
                    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                      This is one of those situations where Occam's Razor proves very useful.

The most likely answer is the one that doesn't involve a few dozen unlikely events and nonsensical behaviors all combining into one, massive perfect storm of bad luck and coincidences.

In this case, that answer is: Teo is a lying con artist.

Again, I'm not going to argue that...yet. But I would say that stance was alot more legitimate two days ago than it is today...and I'd venture to guess that its legitimacy will continue to diminish now that the full force and weight of our paparazzi media has been brought to bear.

Other victims of the same scam are coming forward. The girl whose picture was used has hired a lawyer and the apparent perpetrator of the hoax has gone into hiding.

I believe that Teo was legitimately duped...but then entangled himself in this mess by dramatically over-embellishing this relationship.

Comment

• Every day he avoids talking to the media it will look worse for him

Comment

• Te'o obviously has mental health issues, this essentially is not even news worthy IMO.

However, ND's culpability and cover up certainly are. Not really surprised ND Nation has lived in a fantasy world all season, 12-0? Really? Should have lost 3-4 games, no question, caught a ton of breaks.

Took a steel-toed Alabama cleat to kick their asses back to reality!
                          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Originally posted by Clashmore Mike View Post
                            I believe that Teo was legitimately duped...but then entangled himself in this mess by dramatically over-embellishing this relationship.
                            I'm beginning to believe that the above is true. Once he learned he'd been duped he was probably embarrassed to the point that he felt he had to cover it over with lies to his family, but he certainly did allow the story to enhance his popularity.

Comment

• ..... so, did ND principals who would or should have had knowledge of Teo's caper/embarrassment know about it? When did they know it. When they found out (if they found out) what did they do about it? Same questions for his parents.

If I've got the timeline right, early December seems to be about the time that questions were raised about this girl and whether or not she was real and/or Teo was duped.

But both Teo and ND seemed to continue the story. Teo mentions the girl on 12/6 when asked in an interview by Chris Fowler about the situation and again on 12/8; this was after he had been alerted of the hoax. Allegedly, Teo told Swarbrick on 12/26 about the hoax. Teo did back off talking directly about the girl after 12/26 but it appears that he was told not to let anyone know the whole thing about her was a hoax; sadly, it appears ND officials continued to play the game. Some time after Jan. 9,
                              ND sent a videographerto interview an Alumnus raising money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in the girl's name. They posted the interview on the university's official YouTube channel on Jan. 15. That's pretty sick.

Seems to me, until Dead Spin spilled the beans 0n 01/16, those people who should have been doing something about it weren't and may have still been trying to advantage ND (and maybe Teo) with the story.

Teo is what, 19, 20? If the time line is correct, I can see a kid not wanting to admit he had been duped in an internet relationship and, perhaps, still wasn't sure what was going on shortly after he was alerted about it in early Dec. But the adults who probably knew? ND officials, coaches, parents? Someone should have been on this like stink on shit ...... it could have played really well if this had been announced and framed in other ways. It wasn't and now a lot of people are getting hurt that probably should not have been.

Fer God's sake, when there is a screw up, admit it and move on. This would have been small potatoes if it had been handled differently by adults who should have absolutely known how to handle it. Instead you've got the whole University and Teo looking like ass clowns. Frankly, ND deserves it; Teo doesn't.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                                I'm beginning to believe that the above is true. Once he learned he'd been duped he was probably embarrassed to the point that he felt he had to cover it over with lies to his family, but he certainly did allow the story to enhance his popularity.

That's a fair point, and again, agreed. His "embellishment" previously noted was self-serving...and that's why he could never come out of this clean.

Comment

Working...
                                X