Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good for the Horned Frogs...

Comment

• Big Ten national recruiting rankings, per rivals....

2. OSU
      5. Michigan
      17. Nebraska -- about where I would expect a program with great tradition and resources, but terrible demographics to end up
      30. Maryland (!) They got a 5* receiver from Iowa, of all places.
      38. MSU -- well outside of the Top 25, where they belong. Order has returned to the universe
      41. Penn State -- Better than I expected, thanks to Hackenberg and Brenneman. Would still be last place in the SEC though, according to rivals. I expect this will get worse over the next couple of years, as the pigeons of the late Paterno years come home to roost and PSU's crappy, depleted 11 and 12 classes become the team's nucleus.
      42. Indiana (!) -- Kevin Wilson landed four 4* guys.
      44. Rutgers -- Did the new Big Ten programs get a boost this year? 44 for these guys probably ain't too bad.
      47. Illinois -- meh Eighth in the conference. By comparison, the #8 recruiting class in the SEC is South Carolina, at #16 (higher than Nebraska)
      52t. Northwestern
      52t. Iowa -- Not a single 4* in the bunch. I don't expect Kirk Frerentz to be around a ton longer. And to think RichRod actually lost some recruiting battles to these turds.
      55. Purdue -- What else is new?
      56. Wisconsin -- Bielema may have made the right call getting out of Madison. Their last few recruiting classes have sucked.
      60. Minnehaha -- no 4* guys for the Goofers either. Kill isn't going to win with guys this caliber.

Comment

• Illini with a huge win (for them) over Indiana. Maybe enough to make a late season run at the tourney?

Comment

• What an amazing game-ending layup with .1 seconds left.
          Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• IU will never go anywhere, losing to a Meh Illinois team.

Comment

• I hope every Indiana fan who was at their game with Michigan last week saw that last second layup.

You ain't so great either.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• They beat us at home. Basketball is their football. They're not from Ohio. They don't cheat. Respect is due. We should worry about our own problems.

Comment

• Glad to see the Hoosiers lose on the road to Illinois. Illinois also beat the Buckeyes handily. All this makes our easy victory over Illinois look all the more impressive. We're now the favorite in the B1G, with the Spartans a close second...

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                    They beat us at home. Basketball is their football. They're not from Ohio. They don't cheat. Respect is due. We should worry about our own problems.
                    That's fine. Basketball can be their football. They're not from ohio, but when it comes to basketball, they are a reasonable facsimile of ohio. Respect is earned, and I still have a hard time respecting Izzo clones.

I was just glad to see that Indiana is susceptible to the same humbling that everyone else is receiving this year.

Comment

• What is "basketball"?
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Basketball = Mixed-Doubles Badminton
                        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                          That's fine. Basketball can be their football. They're not from ohio, but when it comes to basketball, they are a reasonable facsimile of ohio. Respect is earned, and I still have a hard time respecting Izzo clones.

I was just glad to see that Indiana is susceptible to the same humbling that everyone else is receiving this year.
                          That's just rivalry bullshit obscuring reality. People that value Michigan's clean and honest way (and hate stupid alternate uniforms) have no business letting a rivalry obscure the truth about that program. They've done it honorably and are nothing like Ohio State. False comparison. Nothing wrong with being a part of the Izzo lineage either. He may be cranky and MSU sometimes loses it's ability to think things through and be gentlemen when Michigan is in play, but he plays clean too.
                          Last edited by hack; February 8, 2013, 08:57 AM.

Comment

• I'll let you respect them for me, Hack. I still remember Izzo's allowing his team to shoot 3's with about a minute to play and leading Michigan by 40 + points. Just so his "star" players could exit the game to wild howls and cheers. IIRC, Crean was still his assistant then. And even if he wasn't, I haven't seen too much respect coming Michigan's way from either of them.

Izzo and Crean got their footing in the B1G at the expense of Michigan's sanctions by the NCAA. They may run "clean" programs, but IMO, it takes more than that to earn my respect. So, .. shoot me.

Comment

• Michigan was down, no doubt. Izzo may be overrated. But fuck that. You don't have to respect moo u but being unable to appreciate Indiana basketball for what it is just isn't right if you're a moralizer.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                                What is "basketball"?

In Nebraska, it looks like this:

Comment

Working...
                                X