No announcement yet.

B1G/NCAA basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watched a lot of college basketball today. Makes me even more glad JB is our coach. LOTS of BAD offense out there.

Comment

• I'm wondering if this is this year Wisconsin makes the Final 4. I'm scared to death to pick them in my upcoming bracket though lol. The way Wisconsin plays, they can beat anyone and lose to anyone.
      This is the best Wisconsin team I have seen since 2005 when they were a high seed but lost in the 2nd round lol... When they had Tucker.
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• My bad, it was the 2006/2007 Wisconsin team with Alando Tucker and others:

I had high hopes for them lol
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• UNL is in...yes the officiating had a factor but when you are up 18 in the second half you have no excuses. UNL is still trying to learn how to win.
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Yeah, they're in.

Comment

• Ronnie Johnson reportedly transferring from Purdue, that really hurts the Boilermakers for '14-'15.

Comment

• Remember when OSU fans went all negative Nellie "we're headed to the NIT" on us?
                Well, if they hadn't won at Madison and Iowa City...

...it's a good, solid team that can basically play with anyone for 35 minutes. However, when it comes to crunch time, they lack a go-to scorer, they are horrendous from the line and they aren't careful enough with the ball. And so they lose a lot of games that in the final 4-5 minutes. All of them, really. They haven't been run by anyone (though, that will change today).

Michigan, as I've noted, is the opposite. They have a go-to scorer and plenty of other options, they shoot FTs well and they handle the ball really well.

DeShaun Thomas was such a key for OSU because he was a fantastic scorer that they could get points from in the crunch and he opened up the court for the rest of the role players.

It is what it is. I doubt any high seed really wants to play OSU in the tourney. That's probably a grinding game where it's close until the final 4 minutes and they finally pull into a comfortable margin. Conversely, when OSU plays a lower seed, it will be close all game, OSU probably with a small lead, but always on the edge of losing.

Anyway, enjoy M's first win over OSU ever in the BTT. I think this will snap an 0-6 run of total corncob up your ass results. A nice mix, too, with the ET heartbreak, the complete beatdown of M's co-champs team and other modestly close games. Bah.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Sandbagging pussy. ;)
                  To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• They are the most frustrating team of Matta's tenure. I can take absolutely no games for granted. They could easily lose to Northwestern, Purdue, anybody. For God's sake, they lost to Penn State TWICE

Comment

• Louisville, the defending champions and #1 overall seed from last year, has the exact same record as last year... but are projected to get a #4 seed. hmm...
                      I know the Big East conference was a lot better than last year, but you should at least give them a #2 or #3.
                      Last edited by Cody_Russell; March 15, 2014, 07:06 PM.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I've had Louisville as a 2-3 seed for some time, they haven't played a tough conference schedule but they look like a team I wouldn't want to face.

Comment

• They won't be a #4, but their schedule compared to last year isn't close.

Comment

• Lunardi was just on Gameday saying there's a chance Michigan stays as a #1 even with a loss tomorrow. I'm past giving a shit now, but I'd take it.

Comment

• Agree, to me what's more important is who else is in the region.

Comment

• If Duke wins, I'm not sure Michigan will be a #1 if Mich loses.
                                Duke beat Michigan and they are an elite program (could that create biased favoritism towards Duke?)

Michigan must win and hope Oklahama State isn't seeded as the #8 or #9 in their region.
                                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X