Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add in that Butch is on the hot seat a bit and I expect them to be very good. Bama has won 9-straight in this series.

I would be lying if I said I have a lot of confidence going into Neyland this year.

They are my sleeper pick for 2016.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Well, Butch Jones is a fine coach. I'll not question that at all. I wish Central Michigan could have kept him, but his career was skyrocketing, and there was no chance the Chips would be able to retain him.

I think they may prove bothersome for the Tide this year, but they'll not beat The Nick.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Our M.O. Is to drop a game a year we probably should have won.

Of Nick's 5 national championships, only one (2009) was undefeated.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
          They averaged 35 points per game last year. Not earth-shattering, but decent.

They were 9-4. Of the 4 losses, one was to Bama (detailed above), the rest were early in the year.

By a TD to Oklahoma in double OT in week 2 (had the game won three times. At one time had a 17-point lead);

To Florida in week 5 by 1 in a total melt down (led by 13 in the 4th quarter);

And to Arkansas the first week of October by 4 (game was tied midway through the 4th).
          They might be OK but there aren't many OCs in the country that I trust less to maximize production and scare a DC than Mike Debord.

Comment

• Our M.O. Is to drop a game a year we probably should have won.
            I think its possible Bama will lose a game along the way, but I doubt that it will be to the Vals.

I'm thinking maybe LSU might be problematic for the Tide, .. but The Nick seems to get the best of the Mad Hatter as of late.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• To recap: The vols had a 4th quarter lead in every game they lost this past year except one - Arkansas (in a 4-point loss).

When Derrick Henry scored with 2:24 left to play, all I kept thinking was how we dodged a bullet. It was a close game and not because we weren't "up" or ready. And, without a shadow of a doubt, they should have beaten OU and Florida and been at least 11-2. They just lacked depth.

Comment

• Bama has a number of troublesome games this year: USC, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Tennessee, and LSU.

On the wings, Auburn, and believe it or not, TAMU, will be improved.
                Last edited by AlabamAlum; July 25, 2016, 09:51 AM.

Comment

• Our troublesome games:

USC: Neutral
                  Arkie: Away
                  LSU: Away
                  OMiss: Away
                  Tenn: Away

Just killer...

Auburn and TAMU: Home

Comment

• That is a really tough schedule. I'll enjoy watching those games completely free of stress.

Comment

• And I will be popping Xanax and drinking bourbon.

Comment

• Since 2008, Alabama is 98-12 (best in the nation).

The 12 losses in those 8 years are:

Ole Miss x2
                        Ohio State
                        Auburn x2
                        Oklahoma
                        TAMU
                        LSU x 2
                        South Carolina
                        Florida
                        Utah

Should have won at least half those games.

Comment

• Yep. Both Auburn games at a minimum.
                          Last edited by Mike; July 25, 2016, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• Should have beaten Ole Miss last year for sure and Auburn at least once.

Comment

• Both Auburn, both Ole Miss, TAMU, and one LSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                                Since 2008, Alabama is 98-12 (best in the nation).

The 12 losses in those 8 years are:

Ole Miss x2
                                Ohio State
                                Auburn x2
                                Oklahoma
                                TAMU
                                LSU x 2
                                South Carolina
                                Florida
                                Utah

Should have won at least half those games.
                                You were probably favored in all those games...underachieving pussies.

Comment

Working...
                                X