Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    To be clear, the M line is that any 3-star that commits to M is "under the radar" because HARBAUGH!!!!! M fans wouldn't trade their class with any other school in the country because HARBAUGH!!!!

Anywho, glad to see The Nick on cruise control for recruiting. It'll be somewhat interesting to recruitniks to see if he ends up surpassing UFM this year to keep Bama at #1 for like the 12th year in a row.
    Heh. In a way, and this is pure conjecture, I think he wants that streak to end. When anyone mentions him winning 4 of the last 7 NCs, the rivals' followup is always, "with that talent, how has he not won 7 straight?"
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• McElroy was a nice QB, but he wasn't the reason Alabama won. I'm just saying.

Alabama wins because of hellacious talent that is well-coached. If you get enough 4* and 5* kids at other positions then QB doesn't matter. Until you run into a team with almost equal talent. Then you want someone a little better than Blake Sims.

In any event, I don't see The Nick recruiting 3* QBs these days.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• From 2011-15, The Nick has never signed more than 8 3* kids in a single class. I didn't do the numbers, but I'd be shocked if 3* signees comprised more than 25% of the kids the Nick brought in over those 4 years.

So, I mean, it's nice that they find a 3* gem here and there, but The Nick is making his living off 4* and 5* talent. Alabama's recruiting + development is why they are the premiere program in the country and the program everyone is chasing. And newsflash -- you ain't gonna make a living playing The Nick w/ a bunch of "under the radar" 3* players. There's always a one off fluke, but over the long-term you'll get prison-sexed.

Comment

McElroy was a nice QB, but he wasn't the reason Alabama won. I'm just saying.

Alabama wins because of hellacious talent that is well-coached. If you get enough 4* and 5* kids at other positions then QB doesn't matter. Until you run into a team with almost equal talent. Then you want someone a little better than Blake Sims.

I agree, sorta....the point is a 3-star starter at a crucial position can work with the right coach, and Greg started over a couple of 4-star QBs who sat on the bench.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

From 2011-15, The Nick has never signed more than 8 3* kids in a single class. I didn't do the numbers, but I'd be shocked if 3* signees comprised more than 25% of the kids the Nick brought in over those 4 years.

So, I mean, it's nice that they find a 3* gem here and there, but The Nick is making his living off 4* and 5* talent. Alabama's recruiting + development is why they are the premiere program in the country and the program everyone is chasing. And newsflash -- you ain't gonna make a living playing The Nick w/ a bunch of "under the radar" 3* players. There's always a one off fluke, but over the long-term you'll get prison-sexed.
            Agreed. An undervalued 3-star is like finding a 4-leaf clover. It's rare and noteworthy these days with the internet and the services....but it happens.

Comment

• The SEC West approach is to still pull these guys in like a fishing trawler and then throw back to sea the ones that don't perform.

Harbaugh at least tosses them back before singing day.

Comment

• Agreed. An undervalued 3-star is like finding a 4-leaf clover. It's rare and noteworthy these days with the internet and the services....but it happens.
                Correct. Recruiting rankings a pretty reliable and have seen a huge uptick in reliability as services/scouts have seen an exponential increase in exposure to recruits. They are not infallible, of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                  The SEC West approach is to still pull these guys in like a fishing trawler and then throw back to sea the ones that don't perform.

Harbaugh at least tosses them back before singing day.
                  That's just not the case. We have kids leave because of lack of playing time, injury, or academic and/or discipline issues.

I can't think of a kid who was not renewed because of lack of talent. If it's happened, it's rare.

Comment

• Urbs will be cutting some folks soon!

Comment

Correct. Recruiting rankings a pretty reliable and have seen a huge uptick in reliability as services/scouts have seen an exponential increase in exposure to recruits. They are not infallible, of course.
                      The stats on 5-star players who contribute is MUCH higher than 3-star players. Like I said, when it works, it is someone who is system specific, or a late developer, or a kid from a losing, podunk school.

Comment

Urbs will be cutting some folks soon!

If he does, it's a discipline issue. And I consider a kid who doesn't work hard in the classroom, the weight room, the film room, or the practice field a discipline issue. At places like Bama and Ohio State, the kids we recruit, with the facilities and coaches we have, CAN be successful if they apply themselves.

Comment

• Heh. I like that.

Comment

• Good stuff.

I've never had a problem with a player being let go, slow played, whatever. The last couple of years, maybe longer, recruits have been at an advantage relative to coaching staffs that have to put up with first, the 18yo bullshit and second, the NCAA.

All the verbiage wasted on criticising Alabama or osu and their coaches for this sort of thing is just that. A waste of time. It may be fun for fans but it rings hollow when you see the results on the field of these two particular teams.

It'll take a while but Harbaugh has the potential to bring M up to the level of osu and Bama who are "coasting" at this stage of recruitment for the '17 class having filled most of their needs with great talent already. Harbaugh has to prove he can win competing at the top and at the highest level. When that happens, they will come.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Look, it's like a kid at a top med school. You coast through with a 3.0, and choose to go drink beer instead of hitting the books or the sim lab, don't be pissed when on match day you're placed at a podunk hospital on an Indian reservation in Dustbowl City, Oklahoma.

Actions have consequences.

Comment

No, we take wash-out xfers fron ACC schools (Coker) and convert RBs (Sims).

Comment

Working...
                                X