Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We were. Upsets me that we've only won 4 of the last 7 NCs. We can do better.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Good point. WTF is your guys' problem?

Comment

• There is something wrong with OUR medulla oblongata.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Well, its certainty not an overage of teeth v toothbrushes.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Hmm.

Comment

• Toothbrushes arent't meant to serve the same purpose as dental floss.

Comment

• Hmm.

Comment

• When does Jerry Jeudy make it official? That will push the Tide back into Ohio State's general neighborhood.

In terms of other top 40 kids, I'm not sure who else they're in on. I assume they still have a good shot with Dylan Moses, though I tend to think he ends up back with LSU. Not sure if they're in the Marvin Wilson sweepstakes or not -- he seems LSU, aTm or, I suppose, Texas. I've heard they may be leading for Isaiah Wilson. And that seems to be about it, at least to my B10-centric eye. I'm not privy to southern kids likely to flip.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Nick is just toying with this class. He's filled our needs, and trolled everyone by offering a schollie to a kicker and one to a long snapper.

Honestly, I hope Jeudy goes elsewhere. We are 6-deep in young WRs at least as good as Jeudy. If we flip someone, I would prefer it to be on either line.
                    Last edited by AlabamAlum; July 28, 2016, 08:54 AM.

Comment

• This past week, we got a committ from an undervalued OT named Hunter Brannon. The scoop on him, despite being a 3-star, is that he is a Barrett Jones clone. Wouldn't surprise me to see his ranking go up the next few months now that he has committed and people are actually looking at his film.

I am excited about Tagovailoa. He is a QB that is a true dual threat. Wouldn't surprise me to see more spread option with him.

Comment

• When Harbaugh gets a commit from a 3-star, there are M-fans who question whether he's the right man for the job or not.
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• There are 3-stars who are 3-stars and then there are 3-stars who flew under the radar because they were late developers or went to a small HS.

You have to trust your coaches as evaluators of talent (if they are proven) and not be married to the recruiting websites.

Comment

• To be clear, the M line is that any 3-star that commits to M is "under the radar" because HARBAUGH!!!!! M fans wouldn't trade their class with any other school in the country because HARBAUGH!!!!

Anywho, glad to see The Nick on cruise control for recruiting. It'll be somewhat interesting to recruitniks to see if he ends up surpassing UFM this year to keep Bama at #1 for like the 12th year in a row.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• That said, 5-stars from a good site (247, for example) almost always pan out. The numbers on 4-stars are good, too. The 3-stars, not nearly as much. With the wrong coach, it's a big gamble.

The right coach, however, is able to see through the star rating and see the potential and how they fit in the system. The QB for Nick Saban's only undefeated class for example was a 3-star, but Greg McElroy fit what Saban needed: a smart Rhodes Scholarship finalist, 43 on the Wonderlic, 3.85/4.0 master's GPA kid who had a risk averse style and could throw a nice short to intermediate route safe pass and connect. He excelled at reading defenses and despite not making it longterm in the NFL, he fit what we needed at Bama that year better than anyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                                You have to trust your coaches as evaluators of talent (if they are proven) and not be married to the recruiting websites.
                                Interesting. You mean recruiting websites could be wrong? How can this be?
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X