Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
    If you gave me a choice of beating Auburn and losing in the playoff, or losing to Auburn, making the playoff and winning like we did last year, I would chose the former. Crazy? No. The hate is real.
    Yes. I care less about the playoff than about OSU.

Comment

• He has been trying to get hired for over a year. He has made overtures toward Florida, MSU (after Florida got Mullen), Arkansas and Tennessee. So, 0-4 just in the SEC.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The lack of Game 8 commentary is disheartening. Fabi is, again, giving Magnus a lot to handle. I'm sure it'll be another draw.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• He's got Magnus on the ropes.

Comment

• Down almost an hour on the clock and his best current move is +0.40 per Stockfish. Yeah, that's not good.

Comment

• Fabi has been known as a Sicillian killer for a couple of years. Just a bit odd on Magnus' part. Fabi is indeed better this game. But like last game, the champion is good at pulling draws out of his Norwegian ass.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The straightforward c5 is a whopping +0.87 at this point. I mean, Magnus is in some real some real trouble. I don't understand it, but Stockfish says so!

Comment

• It's remarkable. Magnus' last move was the 2nd best option out there according to Stockfish. And it's going to put him up against it. It's just fucking stunning how little margin of error these guys have.

Comment

• Nothing like a little chess speak to get our Monday revved up!!
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Better to talk chess than Ohio State getting prison-raped by HARBAUGH!!!!

Comment

• HARBAUGH!!! cannot be stopped. The HARBAUGH!!! Express is in full gear Talent...ye shall bow down to HARBAUGH!!!
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Correct ...... for once.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• In a tournament once, I was way behind on time. I was playing this snooty LM (life master) from Chattanooga. At his highest rating he had been 2300 and some change while I hovered at 2050 or so. But he had declined over the years and was down to an actual rating of 2100 or close.

Anyway, he snapped a move down and hit his clock and immediately got up and walked away from the board. The thing was, he hadn't hit the clock button all the way down and his time continued ticking. The tournament director saw it, too, but is not allowed to offer help to him. Likewise, I was unable to talk with him as long as he was away from the board. I hunkered down and studied the board on his time. Occaisionally he would walk by and see if I had moved and walk back away when he saw the position was the same. Then it hit him that I should be getting close to my flag dropping and that's when he saw that it was his clock ticking. He called the TD over and alleged chicanery but could not get relief. By the time he sat down I had 3 minutes or so left and he was at 4 and a half. But he was flustered and not a great speed player and I won.

I stuck my hand out for a handshake. He wouldn't shake it. He did tell me to go fuck myself. So, I got that going for me.

Comment

• HARBAUGH!!!

His only kryptonite seems to be Notre Lame...HARBAUGH!!! has obviously already conquered the MEYER!!! mystique...might as well just have the bucknuts forfeit...

HARBAUGH!!!

HARBAUGH!!! vs. a hurricane...HARBAUGH!!! BY 35.

But wait...what if the hurricane name is hurricane HARBAUGH!!???

Can HARBAUGH!!!! make a rock so large that even HARBAUGH!!! can't lift it??

My head is about to explode!
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Fabi has a +1.13 move available. If he plays optimally at this point he should have a real chance to win.

Comment

Working...
                                X