Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahh. Georgia has some good female chess talent.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Correct. Georgia >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jawja

Sopiko >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >> Pale
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Heh. Haven't heard Pale's name in a while.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Yeah yesterday was her last day for this championship, her husband(Anish Giri) will be on the commentary tomorrow.

Comment

• Fuck that noise.

Comment

• Anish is top 5 or so. I hate his style, though. He is a defensive hedgehog of a player. He just rolls into a tight chestnut of a position and hopes his opponent makes a mistake.

Comment

• Giri has a very solid, conservative style. This makes him very hard to beat, but also leads to him not translating his chances into wins.[22] His infamous streak of 14 draws at the 2016 Candidates Tournament is illustrative, and led to him being the butt of many jokes, such as a Chess24.com April Fool's piece about Giri writing a book entitled My 60 Memorable Draws (a play on Bobby Fischer's My 60 Memorable Games).[23][24] Nonetheless his peers acknowledge his strengths as a player, with Grandmaster Arkadij Naiditsch opining that beating world champion Magnus Carlsen is easier than beating Giri.
                Great. Bring back Sopiko!

Comment

• I would have liked to see Sam Shankland do some commentary with Giri. Sam is well-spoken and Giri famously threw shade at Shankland a while back. Called him the "weak link" for the Americans in a recent Olympiad.

Comment

• Hey dipshit...is Bama worth picking for my highest confidence pick this week?
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• wait...that could have been meant for a number of you...

AA...is Bama worth picking for my highest confidence pick this week?
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• All three(Peter, Sopiko and Sasha) make fun of Anish.

Comment

• The other dudes on the commentary, AA, are Alexander Grischuk and Peter Svidler. But, yes, bring in Wesley So, too!

Comment

• For the love of Luke & Bauserman....STFU!!!
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Interestingly enough, Fabi had to beat Sasha in the final round of the Candidates to advance -- well, to be certain he'd advance. And he did, playing black.

Alabam"Alum" was despondent.

Comment

• Auburn covers, Wiz.

Comment

Working...
                                X