Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Co-signed.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The coaches poll is always a joke. There is no way ohio state should be 4th. They are a one or a two.

Comment

• Well, I agree that OSU is the best team in the nation, but I honestly don't think it matters that much anymore. The CFP has gone against the AP and the Coaches, Seemingly, on purpose. And #1 or #4 in the CFP doesn't mean anything.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I think I'd rather be #1 only because you are, perhaps, better suited to be at the front of the line of "1-loss" teams if and when that tragedy should befall Ohio State.

As for rankings, if it's the dreaded "look test" then Ohio State should probably be #1. If it's quality of your bests wins, then LSU is probably #1 and Ohio State is #2. I think Alabama is #3 for both. The reality is that it's some combination of the two.

I'm also still fully expecting BOTH Alabama and LSU to make the CFP (assuming the loser finishes at 11-1 and the winner wins the SEC CG). I also think the winner will be finish #1 in the CFP. The question, then, is does the loser finish #3 or #4. That will depend on what happens in this weird ass B10 season.

I gotta say, it'd be pretty funny to see LSU go undefeated again and then have to play UAT again in the CFP. Heh.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Oh, with the cfp, being #1 early matters if you end up losing a game later, no doubt. Coaches poll, much less so.

Comment

• Alabama
              Ohio State
              Clemson
              LSU

Will be your first four next week.

Then Bama will drop out, make it back to a top 4, and lose @Auburn.

This defense...,woof.

Comment

• That's probably the way its going to look.

Bama v LSU takes care of one of those, and that winner likely gets the SEC championship. Although, I think you're correct that Auburn could still play a role here.

I also think its highly possible that Oklahoma sneaks back in if they beat Baylor and win the Big 12 championship game.

But OSU is going in as the top seed, and I don't see them losing a game at all. This is their year. As good as Justin Fields may be, the real story on that team is their defense.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I still think it'll be LSU, Ohio State, Alabama, Clemson. I think they'll probably look at those 3 teams and more or less conclude they're about the same in terms of kicking ass, and then look at their wins and rate them in order of quality wins. Now, Cincinnati ain't that good, but they're going to be in the top 25 along with Wisconsin.

I still think Florida/Georgia winner will be ahead of Penn State. And rightfully so.

Comment

• But OSU is going in as the top seed, and I don't see them losing a game at all. This is their year. As good as Justin Fields may be, the real story on that team is their defense.
                    I think their defense is pretty good, but they haven't played an offense that even approximates what they'll see if they make the CFP. It's going to be culture shock for any B10 team to from playing B10 offenses to Clemson/LSU/Alabama.

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Agree Florida v Georgia winner should be ahead of Penn State. PSU is absolutely a paper tiger. They needed a dropped pass at home to spare them against Michigan, and they looked less than stellar the week before against Iowa. They drilled MSU, but the wheels are coming off in EL, and it looks like the Dantonio love affair is approaching its end.

OSU is going to destroy PSU, and that's what is supposed to happen.

Auburn could still play a role if Bama beats LSU, but then falls on their arse against the Tigers. I think that opens the door for someone like Oklahoma, or maybe even a long shot PAC 12 champion.

A lot could still happen including some upsets, but I think OSU is way ahead of all the contenders at this point.
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Good ol' JPW!

Alabama needs Tua to beat LSU, but if they have Tua I then I think they will beat LSU. AlabamAlum oversells how bad the UAT defense is. It's not necessarily up to The Nick's standards, but it's still damn good. LSU ain't hanging 38 on UAT.

Hopefully Ohio State-Maryland is a noon game. That's a pretty epic rematch battle, so I'd probably have to watch that over LSU-Alabama.

Comment

Comment

• Alabama national defensive rankings after playing 8 absolute tin cans:

Pass Defense: 15th
                                Total Defense: 19th
                                Rush Defense: 35th
                                First Downs Allowed: 37th
                                Sacks: 44th
                                TFLs: 51st

Schedule:

Duke
                                New Mexico State
                                SoMiss
                                Ole Miss
                                TAMU
                                SoCarolina
                                Tennessee
                                Arkansas

Comment

Working...
                                X