Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madden spin move there

Comment

• Good response by LSU ... but I still think Nick has some tricks left in the bag. Lots of time left.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Gary Danielson is right...that's why you don't always play press man, especially with a freshman CB (even that freshman CB) against arguably the best deep-ball receiver in the sport.

Comment

• Terrific game. I don't know how it's going to shake out, but I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch of that one in the playoff.

Comment

• Great game between two really good teams. Need LSU to run the table to keep Alabama out of the fucking playoff.
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• That was basically replay of the LSU-Texas game.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• I think that's true, as long as they beat Auburn. Lose to the Tigers, and they're out.

They made the game close with LSU and they'll get a huge benefit of a doubt for that, especially if that's their only loss, and LSU finishes undefeated.

Comment

Comment

• I'd take #22 from LSU right now, and make him the starting RB at Michigan.

Tough kid. Very impressive.

Yes, Najee was impressive too. Not taking anything away from him.

Comment

Comment

• Ed Orgeron after the game... Oops recorded

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The committee isn't going to let a 6 point loss to LSU get in the way of choosing Alabama, as long as Alabama finishes strong.

Maybe Tua's leg doesn't get any better. Maybe they lose to Auburn. But there's no doubt that the committee would still favor them as long as they win out, and if other teams don't pass the eye-test.

Right now, my picks would be:

1. OSU - They're not losing any game remaining on their schedule. They'll hammer whomever they face in the CCG.
                              2. LSU - There is no excuse for them losing any remaining game, including the SEC Championship game.
                              3. Clemson - They don't play anyone that can give them any competition the rest of the way
                              4. Alabama, or SEC-Runner-Up (Georgia?), or Big 12 winner

Georgia could sneak in as #4, but they have a better chance if they can win the SEC CCG.
                              Alabama has a better chance to get in than Georgia if their only loss is tonight's 6 point loss to LSU. Win out, and I think they're in.
                              Oklahoma probably gets in if they win out, and if Georgia gets smacked in the CCG, and Bama loses to Auburn.

That's the way I see it.

Comment

• If Ohio State wins out, that will eliminate Penn State, and presumably Minnesota, from the playoff equation. If LSU wins out, that would eliminate Georgia. One of Oregon or Utah will eliminate the other, if they can both make the PAC-12 title game with a loss. Oklahoma may well eliminate Baylor, and after tonight, Oklahoma's lucky to still have a playoff pulse. Even with their unusually soft schedule to this point, an 11-1 Alabama team would have a win over the team that beat a one-loss Oregon, and I don't think they'd lose many of the other comparisons with one-loss contenders. The one outcome that would likely keep them out would be 11-1 Georgia beating 12-0 LSU in the SEC title game. Again, I don't know how it's all going to shake out, but the argument that Alabama's playoff chances are done right now doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X