Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good to see you back.

Of course, I didn't read your Jeff Buchananesqe post. Do you have a TL;DR version?
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
      Good to see you back.

Of course, I didn't read your Jeff Buchananesqe post. Do you have a TL;DR version?

Haha. Yes. The tldr is I hope you enjoyed your contest prize no matter how little time I spent. Sorry, was busy and ill. Now I am just ill.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• He said, "Go Tigers!"

Comment

• Clemson played lights out and we did not. Cheers to them.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• There is a reason not one MSU assistant left on the private jet to Baton Rouge and a reason the Nick Satan nickname started there. That was to the detriment of the Spartans and good for the Tigers. With Enos there is a tell, Mark Dantonio never considered rehiring Enos after Bert was fired and Dantonio is heavy on loyalty.

I wonder who is worse behind the scenes, Izzo or Saban.

The way Enos left CMU was similar to how Kelly left. I have a friend that was in the locker room when BK addressed them and said he was not leaving and literally 10 minutes after he left the news broke that he was going to Cincy.

I'm glad AA is still around.

Comment

• Well if it weren't any of those reasons, it's either that AA is a member of Mueller's grand jury or he finally wisened up and has hired Wiz to mentor him in the art of taking himself more seriously.

Welcome back, AA. Nice to see you posting.

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                  Well if it weren't any of those reasons, it's either that AA is a member of Mueller's grand jury or he finally wisened up and has hired Wiz to mentor him in the art of taking himself more seriously.

Welcome back, AA. Nice to see you posting.

Comment

• Get well soon, and FFS get a shave.

Comment

• Great to see the Lunatic Welshman via Tupelo back. A good day indeed.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Glad your back. Hope all is well. Getting old is usually not fun. Keeping the forum on level ground has been your most valuable contribution here. Being an Alabama slappy your most worthless ...... still nice to admit Saban got his ass kicked.

BTW, how much of this sort of end of the season butt kicking from hungry teams has to do with an entitled attitude among the bevy of 4* and 5* that Saban has to baby sit? Higdon was rumored to be pissy about something and sort of said a fuck you on his way to the NFL combines so as not to hurt himself by giving up his body for the sake of contributing to an empty Michigan victory. 5* Aubry Solomon entered the transfer portal with his Mom tweeting there are plenty of good reasons why he did so. Most thought she was suggesting discord about playing time and losing your starting spot on the roster when injured. 5* Rashan Gary never played enough or up to his hype in his 2 years at M and no one really knows how significant his injury was.

This shit happens. It's not just Saban/Bama .... I think there is a trend among the very talented players with a decent shot at the first couple of rounds of the NFL draft to feel less than obligated to play college ball for zip-shit and essentially in the slave mode. We'll see more guys signing to get into the best training facilities, get the best coaching to fine tune their position skills and bolt the first time they get a decent draft grade. It's becoming less and less likely that "win one for the Gipper" or "those that stay will be champions" or any other sort of loyalty to something outside yourself will play when millions of dollars are on the table for the taking from the NFL.

Second question: What's your take on Gattis.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I don't think 4*\5* players being babysitted or giving up has anything to do with it. Clemson is loaded, not as much, as Bama, perhaps, but they are in the ballpark. Until this, we have done well in championship games. Hell we were ok in this one and just fell apart late in the second. We were out-prepared, out-schemed and we adjusted slowly. You have to bring pressure against that Avatar-looking QB of theirs. Offensively, we abandoned the run and the crossing stuff too quickly. Once we were 18 down, we changed our gameplan and Clemson capitalized on that.

Gattis is okay. Honestly in his one season here he wasn't a big plus or minus. This was Locks' team and Gattis played his part. He had hard feelings when Enos was named the heir of the offense after Locksley got the Maryland job. So, he was going to leave, regardless.

Comment

• Talent,

I can handle Welsh. They are like barbaric Scots. At least you didn't say Irish.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                              I don't think 4*\5* players being babysitted or giving up has anything to do with it.
                              Maybe not speaking specifically about Bama but do you disagree with my hypothesis that there is a trend among elite players to not stick around for the things we might have valued instead choosing the bucks.

Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                              Clemson is loaded, not as much, as Bama, perhaps, but they are in the ballpark.
                              So, the point you might be making is that elite players have to be managed and Dabo is doing a good job at this. I think talent suggested that as teams move up the food chain by playing good football and attracting elite recruits by doing so, those teams have to figure out how to manage that talent to sustain success.

Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                              is okay. Honestly in his one season here he wasn't a big plus or minus. This was Locks' team and Gattis played his part. He had hard feelings when Enos was named the heir of the offense after Locksley got the Maryland job. So, he was going to leave, regardless.
                              Yeah, interesting dynamic there with Saban/Enos/Gattis. When you're dealing with assistants that have million dollar earning potential, market forces tend to dominate the coaching scene. I think that fact is undervalued by most fans.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

1. Maybe not speaking specifically about Bama but do you disagree with my hypothesis that there is a trend among elite players to not stick around for the things we might have valued instead choosing the bucks.

2. So, the point you might be making is that elite players have to be managed and Dabo is doing a good job at this. I think talent suggested that as teams move up the food chain by playing good football and attracting elite recruits by doing so, those teams have to figure out how to manage that talent to sustain success.

3. Yeah, interesting dynamic there with Saban/Enos/Gattis. When you're dealing with assistants that have million dollar earning potential, market forces tend to dominate the coaching scene. I think that fact is undervalued by most fans.
                                1. Yeah, it seems like this is a growing trend.
                                2. Dabo, Saban, Urban...all have done a good job with it.
                                3. Yep. Also, Enos and Gattis didn't like each other; Gattis wanted the job, but his major issue was having to call Enos "boss". If Saban had chosen Gattis over Enos a few months ago, I don't think Gattis would have left. The Enos hire, in retrospect, was a mistake. Gattis will do fine. He's a safe pick.

Comment

Working...
                                X