Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lee Roy Jordan was one of the all-time greats. The only bad thing I have to say about him is that he played for the Dallas Cowboys. I think he is on their “ring of honor” there.

Coach Bryant said this about him: “I never had another one like Lee Roy Jordan. He would have made every tackle on every play if they had stayed in bounds.”

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• He was lunging for the Gay Bear...
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I see that The Nick gets Vandy and the Vals from the East this year. I guess that'll give UAT a fighting chance to get bowl eligible.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Oh, no doubt, it’s shaping up to be a Holidays in Shreveport kinda December.

I have a 20% off coupon to Shreveport’s best restaurant, too (The Applebee’s on Airport Road). Couple that with a stay at a nice Holiday Inn Express and it’s easy to see that things are really looking up here in Tuscaloosa.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• If you are really shitting leprechauns on that trip then whatever bar you land in will include someone playing chess with a real gambling streak.

Comment

• Whatever bar?? Did you not just read the word “Applebee’s”? Home of the $1 Long Island Iced Tea, made with equal parts of kerosene and despair.

And last thing I need to do is run afoul of some Applebee’s dwelling chess sharp. No, as Kenny Rogers wisely said, you got to know when to hold them and know when to fold them.

Comment

• It's a poorly kept secret that Ding Liren spends most of his time in the nearest Applebee's and offers Queen odds to any patzer who will take it and Queen-Rook odds if you throw in a Long Island or appetizer (well, Queen-Knight for an app).

Comment

• This is 5 minutes I'll never get back...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Ding also loves the Bourbon Street Steak on the 2 for $20.

I am really looking forward to this bowl. Of course, the heyday of the Independence Bowl was when Poulan was the titled sponsor. I’m not sure, but I believe Wiz’ Ogallalan Wing Emporium bought the rights this year. And I don’t mind the ketchup-slathered frozen wings as much as the constant walk down memory lane to when Nebraska was good during the Nixon, Ford, Carter, and Reagan years.

But hey, the thin red line of undersized 2-stars that Bama trots out get what they deserve.

Comment

• Applebee's was founded by a chess fiend and named after an old haunt of Paul Morphy's in New Orleans called Applebee & McCormick's Refreshing Tinctures and Distillery. Morphy himself frequently played there for raw oysters, kippers, laudanum, and salmon puffs.

Comment

• Morphy didn’t drink or do drugs. He wouldn’t even use tobacco- which is pretty amazing for a man who lived in New Orleans at that time.

Comment

• Nebraska has won or played for a MNC during the Johnson, Nixon, Reagan, Clinton and Bush43 admins ewe fargin' Jacobite wannabe...
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                            Nebraska has won or played for a MNC during the Johnson, Nixon, Reagan, Clinton and Bush43 admins ewe fargin' Jacobite wannabe...
                            Impressive. Which Nebraska BCS or CFP championship is your fav?

Comment

• I liked the 1972 Orange Bowl the best. It was such an easy win for the Huskers...they were able to get all of the roster plenty of snaps...it was welcome after the tough out at Norman. Vacation really.
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                                I liked the 1972 Orange Bowl the best. It was such an easy win for the Huskers...they were able to get all of the roster plenty of snaps...it was welcome after the tough out at Norman. Vacation really.
                                Remind me: was that BCS or CFP?

Comment

Working...
                                X