Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kinda stupid actually. but how often do you get a chance to play Kansas state

Comment

• Yeah. Not the smartest, but I’m sure both will have a Lloyd’s insurance policy for any injuries sustained.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Alabama falls to #9 in basketball after taking the gas pipe vs Gonzaga.

Next up, Jackson State tomorrow night and then the beginning of conference play with a road trip to Starkville to play #15 MissState on the 28th. The Bulldogs are currently 11-0.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• STFU.

Sir Twatwaffle.
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Talent,

I’m not worried about any blueblood’s boosters not getting NIL deals for players. The money for athletics at Ohio State and M is real. When Ryan Day said he needed $13 million to keep his roster intact, he was talking to boosters. Likewise, when Saban said Jimbo’s boosters bought the #1 class with NIL, he was talking to our boosters. I have no doubt that both were successful if what they wanted to accomplish.

We should be able to find out because most of these collectives are 501(c)(3). I know Alabama’s and Ohio State’s mail collectives are. And 501(c)(3) records are public. You don’t even need a FOIA order. Of course, the IRS is behind on these so it will be years down the road before real numbers are available (and smart financial guys are asking for extensions and only filing paper 990’s.

As far as I know Ohio State’s “The Foundation” and Alabama’s “High Tide Traditions” follow the rules. The issue, of course, are rogue collectives and coaches who lure recruits through collectives:

Coaches - and let’s just make up some random names here- “Josh, Kirby, and Jimbo” are absolutely using NIL in their recruitment. Actually negotiating dollars at the recruits’ kitchen table. That has to stop or we have to make it legal so that everyone can do it, not just the rule breakers and these same guys are absolutely directing boosters to social media DM a recruit at another school with NIL offers if he would just portal over.

Comment

• I think it’s pretty clear who is all in and who isn’t. Watching Notre Dame get fleeced is both delightful and sad. Watching Oregon obviously splash huge dollars is gross. Ohio State will have two kids flip away on signing day (one to Auburn and one probably to Miami), and they lost every single undecided they were in on — to SEC or Oregon.

Alabama cleaned up,

I know what conclusions I’ll infer. Can’t definitively prove anything, but I can certainly make reasonably based inferences.

Like I said on the other thread, this was a the least enjoyable CFB has ever been for me.

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• And I’ve also said the one body that’s COULD make this interesting is the IRS because they actually care about people earning seven figures and paying no taxes. That’s sort of a felony.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Not if yer last name is something that rhymes with "#iden"...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Yeah, but Alabama has been cleaning up for 15 years with recruiting. I don’t think it’s really outside the norm with us.

1. Alabama 94.76
                    2. Georgia 93.64
                    3. Texas 92.82
                    4. Miami 92.24
                    5. Ohio State 93.57

Texas and Miami made huge leaps. Them in the top 5 is curious and NIL is def a part of it. I have no idea if they are recruiting with it but the Canes probably are - and I haven’t considered the Canes’ fanbase strong since the 80’s. Maybe there is a resurgence?

And the Buckeyes only offered 20 (lowest in the top 10). Are your numbers bad or are you waiting for second signing?

Comment

• STFU
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Word is the Nebraska NIL collective is paying players with Raisin Pie, Dorothy Lynch dressing, and buggery.

Comment

• Children of the Corn was a documentary. Under no circumstances get off I-80 and go "exploring".

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                            Word is the Nebraska NIL collective is paying players with Raisin Pie, Dorothy Lynch dressing, and buggery.
                            Well there is more...pork rinds, runzas and a date with Larry the Cable Guy's wife too...

Get right with Rhule.
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                              Children of the Corn was a documentary. Under no circumstances get off I-80 and go "exploring".
                              I have an open invitation to you DSL...if you dare...
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Not you though AA...Talent told me about your non-traditional "fetishes"...I like lard but not in that way...
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X