Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next up: Mississippi State on Wednesday night.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Mississippi State is long and athletic. They play an up tempo, full court pressure defense and look like they would be a pain in the ass to play against.

Alabama will beat them by at least 20 and still feel like they escaped.
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• We beat them by 11 in Starkvegas a few weeks back. This is the return trip to Tuscaloosa.

MissState started the season 11-0. They have dropped 6 of the last 7 and currently trail Florida, so that stat line may get worse soon.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Yeah, they are not very good, but their style of play is exhausting.

Alabama has gotten better and State has gotten worse.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Yeah, dropping 7 of the last 8 has to be wildly disappointing for Bulldog faithful.

Comment

• STFU
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                We beat them by 11 in Starkvegas a few weeks back. This is the return trip to Tuscaloosa.

MissState started the season 11-0. They have dropped 6 of the last 7 and currently trail Florida, so that stat line may get worse soon.
                Miss State has no one to score the ball. Really poor roster construction.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

Miss State has no one to score the ball. Really poor roster construction.
                  Chris Jans is in his first year. I think he is a competent coach, but, yeah, I agree that they don’t have a real scoring threat. I am sure that recruiting a shooter is in his plans.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

Chris Jans is in his first year. I think he is a competent coach, but, yeah, I agree that they don’t have a real scoring threat. I am sure that recruiting a shooter is in his plans.
                    Yes. But with the portal, it seems to me that it would be easier and more certain to bring in a proven shooter. I'm thinking of someone like Antoine Davis from Detroit Mercy, or Walker who went from Northeastern to Michigan State. If they had someone that the defense had to respect, it would open up the inside for their good athletes.

Comment

• Jans inherited a mess from Howland. Most of the good shooters in the Portal don’t have Starkville as a top destination. I think MSU is a very tough job.

Jans had a good record at New Mexico State. The mark against him is the tourney. He is known as a one and done tourney coach. I expect him to do a competent job but my hope is that he falls on his face and the program continues to struggle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

Yes. But with the portal, it seems to me that it would be easier and more certain to bring in a proven shooter. I'm thinking of someone like Antoine Davis from Detroit Mercy, or Walker who went from Northeastern to Michigan State. If they had someone that the defense had to respect, it would open up the inside for their good athletes.
                        I agree.I would think that there are some kids at lower levels that are playing beyond their competition that would welcome the chance to play DI, power five basketball even if they had to go to Starkville to do it.

It is just a matter of finding those kids​

Comment

• He’s been on campus a few months. I think he gets a pass obviously this year.

Comment

• Alabama basketball up to #2. It’s the pessimist in me, but I hear the foreboding dirge of a giant letdown on the horizon.

Comment

• Yer good but not Purdue good.
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Yeah. Probably.

Comment

Working...
                                X