Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shaddup
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Don't you mean STFU?
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Potato...Tomato...
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Comment

• Some old sidewalk alum who frequently called into a regional radio show with outlandish commentary and spittle-flecked takes is not newsworthy.

May she rest in peace, but wtaf?
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Phyllis and Finebaum are Bama at its absolute best. RIP

Comment

• Sounds like an Auburn mole...
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Finebaum is a Tennessee alum. Phyllis, iirc, might not have even graduated HS (think Wiz with better hygiene), she said repeatedly that she was “just a fan and never attended UA,” and that’s fine. It was her bombastically over-the-top screaming that I didn’t care for. She was a caricature, and smooth-brained morons loved to point to her and go “BAMA AT ITS BEST! HAHAHA!” after Finebaum picked up a national audience. But whatever. She was an old lady who called into to a radio show and now she has died. How is this newsworthy?
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• STFU
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                      Finebaum is a Tennessee alum. Phyllis, iirc, might not have even graduated HS (think Wiz with better hygiene), she said repeatedly that she was “just a fan and never attended UA,” and that’s fine. It was her bombastically over-the-top screaming that I didn’t care for. She was a caricature, and smooth-brained morons loved to point to her and go “BAMA AT ITS BEST! HAHAHA!” after Finebaum picked up a national audience. But whatever. She was an old lady who called into to a radio show and now she has died. How is this newsworthy?
                      And they had Auburn's answer to her. I think her name was Tammy? She died in a car crash a few years ago.

https://www.al.com/news/2018/11/paul...280-crash.html

Sometimes Finebaum would link their calls and they would yell back and forth for a while.

Both were obnoxious as hell.

Whether you like Finebaum or not, he was a genius when it came/comes to creating a show that appeals to his market. He would get these fools on the phone and sit back and let them piss off half of his audience. I'm sure he was laughing all the way to the bank.
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Finebaum was the Howard Stern of sports radio before such things were popular. Lots of folks have copied his schtick: have controversial takes, guests, and callers so that people will tune in to be outraged/shocked/amused.

Comment

• Finebaum = Jim Brandstatter with a national show.
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Finebaum will be 70 in a couple of years. Hopefully, he’ll retire. Although, since he was picked up by ESPN and moved out of Bham 10 years ago, he’s a bit easier for me to avoid.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                              Finebaum will be 70 in a couple of years. Hopefully, he’ll retire. Although, since he was picked up by ESPN and moved out of Bham 10 years ago, he’s a bit easier for me to avoid.
                              When I lived in Spanish Fort the radio station that carried his show would cut an hour off of the Dan Patrick Show to air the Finebaum show.

I liked the Dan Patrick Show. I didn't like the Finebaum show.

Bastards
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• RIP Phyllis and belated RIP Tammy. Two classy broads that were the pride of Alabama.

Comment

Working...
                                X