MLB and the Detroit Tigers Bandwagon Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The “Gaurdians” have never won shit.​
    Has to Rank up there with the worst team name in sports, can't get used to it.

Comment

• Not only "up there" but a real contender. It's detestably bad.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Wait, what did I do?
        DSL. This where you had a Fandom Emergency Council called on you:

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

In head to head competition between OSU & Cornell, crown jewel of the Ivy League, alma mater outweighs mere fandom concerns.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Well, that's exceptional. That's like saying you're a fan of the US Olympic team except when they play North Korea or Iran or China.

Professional sports are little less personal, IMO. My own fandom ratings in terms of strength:

(1) OSU Football

(2) Steelers

(3) OSU Hoops (JFC)
          (4) Newcastle United

(5) Cavs
          (6) Penguins

(7) Guardians, I guess.

After NUFC, I'm not particularly invested. I would definitely be really happy for my dad, in-laws, wife and son if the Guardians won it all, but that's about it. And, TBH, that opportunity came and went 7 years ago when they were 1 win away.

I'd GUESS AA is UAT Football, Braves, UAT Hoops..............Saints.....(No NBA or Jazz or Hawks?...don't know if he quit on the Jazz when they became mormons...)

Comment

• Alabama football, (big gap) Alabama basketball, Braves, and Saints (big gap) Bama baseball, Bama softball, Rangers (FC), Hearts, Nashville Predators, (big gap) Hotspur, Bham Stallions (USFL), Bama gymnastics, (big gap) Bham Legion (soccer), Bama hockey.

Deontay Wilder (boxing), Eryk Anders (UFC), Justin Thomas (golf) figure in there somewhere, but are individual sports, so really don’t fit above. Haven’t followed the NBA since Pete Maravich was in NOLA.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post

Has to Rank up there with the worst team name in sports, can't get used to it.
              A racoon with an automatic 30 cal smiling is all I think of when I hear Guardians'.

Comment

• Any man rooting for Cornell for any reason is a saintly gent, personable, and of good moral standing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Shut your pie hole.
                  You are learning my son. Attaboy.

Now if you would just drop the pride flag and tights I could take you to a ball game again...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by klondike View Post

A racoon with an automatic 30 cal smiling is all I think of when I hear Guardians'.
                    The Huntsville AA baseball team are the Trash Pandas. It’s kinda awesome.

image.jpg

Comment

• Ironically that was the name of the Sex Club Hunter was kicked out of...
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• perfect game for the yanks over oakland last night

24th in major league history

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                          perfect game for the yanks over oakland last night

24th in major league history
                          Should be 25.

Umpire Jim Joyce screwed over former Tiger Armando Galarraga over a decade ago.
                          "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                          My friend Ken L

Comment

• The only thing not perfect about Galarraga's perfect game was the 1st base umpire.

Comment

• I was gonna bring up Galarraga but it still pisses me off so much. Then last night, my son was watching some Youtube clip of "MLB worst calls" That was #1. Then I was pissed all over again. Gant/Hrbek was also represented!

In current Tigers news, it was a regular Spencer Torkelson explosion in Texas yesterday as he hit a pair of dingers and drove in 4 in Detroit's decisive 8-5 victory over the Rangers. The Tigers split the 4 game road series and remain a scant 4 games back in the AL Central pennant race. The Tigers have now won 6 of 11 and try to keep the hot streak going as they move on to lowly Colorado for a 3 game weekend series.

Comment

• Tribe is sitting at 40-41 -- same place they were last year. Catbird seat!

But, make no mistake, The Roar is not about to go quietly into the night. The Central race will be hotly contested until the very bitter end. First to 80!

Comment

Working...
                                X