Michigan vs Hawaii Post-Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    Sorry, Oracle. Candid assessments get deleted. I assume rainbows and unicorns will not.
    No idea if or what got deleted but at this rate I see you taking any positive posts from 60 pt win to 2 days later proclaiming "MICHIGAN FANS THINK THEY'RE GOING 18-0 AND WINNING CHAMPIONSHIP, HARBAUGH!!!! BLAH BLAH BLAH!!"

Comment

• Don't let them troll you.

Yes, it was Hawaii but there were many many promising things and players to celebrate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
        Speight's statistics looked good, but I didn't see a guy that is going to pick apart good defenses. His arm strength is lacking and he doesn't zip the ball in. That's going to kill us when those receivers aren't wide open like they were yesterday.
        Yeah, for a big guy he floats it a bit. He can't hold on to the ball too long or he's toast. Good timing will be really important for him to succeed. Precisely why I wanted to see more of O'Korn. He puts some heat on the slant to McDoom. Great hands catch by the kid. You really see the difference when Morris throws. Ball just explodes out of his hand.
        Last edited by Rocky Bleier; September 4, 2016, 04:16 PM.
        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
          No idea if or what got deleted but at this rate I see you taking any positive posts from 60 pt win to 2 days later proclaiming "MICHIGAN FANS THINK THEY'RE GOING 18-0 AND WINNING CHAMPIONSHIP, HARBAUGH!!!! BLAH BLAH BLAH!!"
          efz

Comment

• According to a poster on MGOBLOG, the number of freshmen who played yesterday was 16. He got the list from the Freep.

1. Ben Bredeson
            2. Devin Bush Jr.
            3. Eddie McDoom
            4. Rashan Gary
            5. Michael Onwenu
            6. Devin Asiasi
            7. Sean Mckeon
            8. Kekoa Crawford
            9. Michael Dwumfour
            10. Khaleke Hudson
            11. David Long Jr.
            12. Josh Uche
            13. Lavert Hill
            14. Josh Metellus
            15. Kingston Davis
            16. Chris Evans

Comment

• It's not ideal, but we had to do it. Half of those guys will be starting next year, and the other half will be 2nd string probably.

Next year these guys will probably be starting as true sophomores:

Bredeson, Bush, McDoom, Gary, Onwenu, Hudson, Long, Hill, Evans.
              Last edited by Hannibal; September 4, 2016, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• Yeah. As long as Harbaugh can keep pace in recruiting it shouldn't matter.

Comment

• It'll matter some. Some of those guys we will miss when they are gone after year #4. Guys like Dwumfor or Metellus who probably aren't going to the pros but may develop into good players three years from now. But that's the price that you pay for two consecutive bad recruiting classes. Many holes to be filled.

We'll be having this discussion next year too. At least one true freshman OL will probably be burning a redshirt. Probably a WR, a couple of D-linemen, a couple of DBs, and a couple of linebackers too.
                  Last edited by Hannibal; September 4, 2016, 06:11 PM.

Comment

• Hoke had a good class until he shit the bed as his last season wore on. There's no excuse, though, for the lack of depth he left at QB and OL.

Comment

• QB especially was in-fuckin-excusable. Wilton Speight being your "A" recruit for 2014 shows that he and Borges both sucked at evaluating talent.

Comment

• And they only took one QB a year. The first thing JH did was create competition at the position.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pasadena Blue View Post
                          I wish the press would ask questions like this at the post-game press conference, but I think they are afraid of getting Harbaugh-ed and get put into JH's doghouse.
                          He's really interesting. I think he's willing to entertain any reasonable question, and what he really hates is a follow-up question that highlights the lack of detail in the answer just given. I don't do sports but as a journalist I would love the challenge of interviewing the guy. I think a smart and thoughtful question gets him out of coachspeak pretty fast, but not necessarily in a press-conference setting. In that setting, you'd better nail the question. Nothing general -- ask for specific information.
                          Last edited by hack; September 4, 2016, 07:10 PM.

Comment

• I thought both the Buckeyes and the Wolverines had better games than expected. I mean, it's not as if either team was going to be at risk for losing against Hawaii or Bowling Green. But still, they both looked solid and controlled their games even better than I expected. Kudos to Wisconsin for beating an SEC team. We can never have too much of that.

Comment

• True dat. But here's to a 1-11 season for the cheddarheads.
                              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• They also play MSU, Jon. 2-10.

Comment

Working...
                                X