No announcement yet.

Michigan vs Hawaii Post-Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He flashed a few times but I will hope to see him be more impactful as time goes on.

I thought Speight played well and was very accurate. He's going to have to get better anticipating routes and throwing guys open though. If he can do that, it's going to be a great season.
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• The UFR for the defense is up.

Glasgow, unsurprisingly, grades out monstrously good. Gary graded out pretty well too. He did more stuff on tape than I noticed live.

Comment

• What I liked best about the UFR was that Brian admitted he couldn't figure out what Brown was doing. Some of it, yes, most of it, no.

Can you imagine what opponents will be dealing with? QBs?

There's also an article just above the UFR titled owning the edge. It show's BC's approach to throttling spready teams that use a lot of inside/outside zone constraint. Very impressive.

The way he is using Peppers, at least against Hawaii, is quite a bit different than how he used his BC players. I think Brown has better corners and safeties at M than he had at BC. This translates to much more aggressive play for the front 7 and Brown mixes this up with regard to who's coming and who's dropping into coverage.

Maybe Rolovich was just not blowing smoke up the presses ass when he said M's defense was the best he has ever coached against.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Well I hope they save some of that being impressive for Oiho
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
            Yeah he wasn't the I AM BECOME DEATH DESTROYER OF WORLDS guy that we were hoping for on Day 1. Normally it would be unreasonable to expect that from a true freshman DL in his first game, but the hype on this guy has been incredible. I expected him to make an offensive lineman look like a chump at least once.
            Houston's 5-star freshman DT Ed Oliver looked great vs. Oklahoma. So yeah, a little disappointing that there wasn't more flash from Gary out there vs. Hawaii.

Comment

• Good point.

Comment

• Gary played 32 snaps. He played the third most snaps in the DL unit. Winovich had 40 (surprised me) Glasgow had 36.

Brian graded Gary 9.5+ and 6- for a 3.5 overall grade. Wormley graded out at 3, Winovich at 7.5, Glasgow at 14.

Probably about what one might expect for Gary's first start. Decent. The eyeball test is usually not very reliable so comparing a 5* OU player in a different defense using the eyeball test probably isn't a great way to compare them and imply another guy is better.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• It's one game.

Comment

• Does that mean we should put back Evans' Heisman too?
                    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I thought we were giving Peppers the Heisman this year but Evans the next three.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                        Gary played 32 snaps. He played the third most snaps in the DL unit. Winovich had 40 (surprised me) Glasgow had 36.

Brian graded Gary 9.5+ and 6- for a 3.5 overall grade. Wormley graded out at 3, Winovich at 7.5, Glasgow at 14.

Probably about what one might expect for Gary's first start. Decent. The eyeball test is usually not very reliable so comparing a 5* OU player in a different defense using the eyeball test probably isn't a great way to compare them and imply another guy is better.
                        Oliver plays for Houston, not OU. And I'm not implying one guy is better than the other. I'm stating that one guy jumped off the screen with bigger splash plays against a better team (including 2 sacks of QB getting some Heisman hype and couple of other stops at/near the LOS), showing that big things can come from a DL in their first game.

Trying to categorize any one player after their first game is silly. Gary's supremely talented and if he's got the heart, Harbaugh and Mattison will make him the player.

Comment

• Did anyone due UFR for Houston vs Oklahoma? smh

Comment

• Brian Cook is now partnered with this site...

PFF brings you in-depth analysis for college football, including college player grades, prospect profiles, and rankings.

I think that they do lots of games but it looks like you need to pay to get the info.

Comment

• The UFR for the offense is up. Good grades all around except for one area of concern -- Jake Butt's blocking was crap. Hopefully that's just a blip.

Comment

• ....... particularly liked the report on Kalis and Mags. As well on Grant Newsome. We know about Cole and Braden.

Butt? Eh ....... would not surprise if he was dinged.

Still no clue if Speight can get it done under pressure or dealing into tight windows. We won't know after UCF either. IMO, that's the only real unknown on offense and that has to be the worst position to not know about.

Comment

Working...
                                X