U of M MEN'S BASKETBALL: 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
    Some interesting notes about the ejection to John Beilein.

That was only his second (2nd) ejection in his entire 43-year career as a head basketball coach. The other occurred when he was still a JUCO coach and he was 26 years old.

-- and --

The official that ejected Beilein tonight has now officiated in all three of Michigan's losses.

I'd love to see his ejection report to the Big Ten. And, I'd love to see Warde Manuel's response.
    fuckin' refs
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The optics are terrible. Garrison has reffed their only 3 losses. It is of course never that simple. If he'd really wanted to screw Michigan @Madison he would have put Teske in real foul trouble, which he did not do. Obviously he can if he wants to, given the fouls called on Teske in Iowa City. And reffing crews aren't a monolith. they are made up of 3 people.

Overall, it just appears that the average ref is no better at it than Wiz is at everything. They are asked to do a very difficult job, aren't paid accordingly, and we get bullshit results with compromises instead of rules, which appear to approach fairness without actually doing so as a result.

That said, that ref couldn't wait to do it. Totally ready; wanted to do it. Daring Beilein to keep shouting. Maybe it's something that had been building up over the previous games, but seriously -- what kind of person are you if you are looking fo reason to eject John Beilein of all people?

Comment

• Beilein should have at least gotten his money's worth like my man Steve Kerr did last night.

Comment

• Those two techs happened way too fast, there was zero tolerance for arguing with a call with that ref.

Comment

• Well the WWCAW is still alive and kicking...works for the court as well as the gridiron...
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• You are still alive, and should be kicked repeatedly in a part of your body in such a way as to prevent further damage to humanity.

Comment

• Seconded
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• You should definitely be seconded. Surely there is some pro-am football league in Outer Corncrapistan or something that could use your expertise.

Comment

• There is..and don't call me Surely.
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit this forum.

Comment

• Trust me....it will never be wrong for you to quit here...
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Hello Wiz
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Get the fuck out of my paint.

Comment

• I get that the NBA likes Fernando's athleticism over any of the other big men Michigan sees in conference, but the lack of skill and feet pretty obviously on display here against an NBA-level defender.

Comment

• If Teske had shown up on offense today then this one would probably be over without Maryland ever going into auto- foul mode.

Comment

Working...
                                X