No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agreed, a good steak never needs sauce. Medium is too rare. I used to travel with a co-worker who wanted his steak to twitch. When asked how he wanted his steak, he would sometimes respond "Cut off the horns, wipe it's ass and put it on a plate."

A medium well steak is cooked at a higher temperature for a shorter period of time on a grill. Retains the tenderness and the juiciness with a nice light char. Its an art to prepare, otherwise, yes, you get leather. Its all about the culinary skill set.
    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• medium is too done? medium seems perfect

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
        if your going to get a longhorns ribeye it has to be medium with a small side of a1

you never know what unpalliatible piece you might get so no chances A1 it is

washed down with a 24 oz draft or a lager

finished with don pepin in the garage with a couple of fingers of glensomething
        Hack's Controversial Top 5 Scotchs List

1. Glensomething 16
        2. Glensomething 12
        3. Glennothing 12
        4. Glenfewthings 16
        5. Laphroig Quartercask

Comment

• Though, to be honest, I've been on mezcal for a few years as my primary smoky spirit. No offense to scotch.

Comment

• Scotch or bourbon depending on my mood. But can do anything. Not in love with gin, but can still drink it until stumbling.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• You cook the flavor out of steak. Once you hit medium, you've reduced the flavor quotient by 30%, medium well by 50%, well by 75%.

Science
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Sear it and be done. Anything beyond medium rare should be a felony.
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Un-seared steak is a common mistake. Don't know how many pieces of steak I've passed on for that reason (not counting the classic boiled steak field meat).

I've recently began reverse searing thicker filets and it has worked pretty well. Basically a cheap man's sous-vide.

Comment

• Before heeding anything AA has to say vis a vis cuisine, consider his favorite BBQ

Comment

• Um, if this article is accurate (and Haberman is as tuned into Trumpworld as anyone) it's bad for Trump.

Trump discussed with Don McGahn what he told Mueller. Then tried to force McGahn to issue a statement saying he had never wanted Mueller fired. Trump supposedly conveyed to McGahn that he could be fired if he wouldn't release the statement. McGahn ultimately refused that request because he knew it to be untrue.

Experts say the conversations most likely do not constitute witness tampering, but they show how the president has ignored advice to avoid the appearance of interfering.

Comment

• Fox & Friends has Trump's former divorce lawyer on, expecting a robust defense of his former boss. They ask him about the Stormy Daniels NDA and if it's invalid. He says Stormy Daniels has a pretty good point. Courts don't like NDA's in general and without Trump's signature it's probably invalid.

Fox & Friends quickly ended the interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                          Before heeding anything AA has to say vis a vis cuisine, consider his favorite BBQ

Haha

Comment

• Cocktail hour appetizers at the AA household

Comment

• Mmmmm.

That, some pork skins A La Hamburger Helper and it wouldbe a feast!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                                Science
                                Consider your audience for chrissakes.

Comment

Working...
                                X