Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lol, great work you two

-- on the same day AP breaks that immigrants contracted in military, but not yet shipped out are being separated.

But, yea, red hat oppression seems surprising/important.
    Last edited by millenwasmyfavorite; July 6, 2018, 12:17 AM.

Comment

• That's politics Millen, my problem is with thugs, bullying and criminals. Thought you might be offended by 30 year old man uttering a racial slur at a 16 year old kid... Guess not, bad news he got arrested.

Comment

• I remember millen being in here bitching and moaning about that Philly Starbucks video going viral. I'm sure of it.

I wonder if this restaurant will implement even more sensitivity training. LOL.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Millard Trump? Donald J Fillmore?

There are striking parallels between Donald Trump and one of the most obscure US presidents.
          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Heh. The Whigs were doomed well before Fillmore. Anyone who has read the exhaustive 800+ page "History of the American Whig Party" knows that. And I count myself as one of the 6 people who have. The Whigs were doomed, FWIW, when they couldn't elect Henry Clay. The Election of 1848 was confirmation -- Taylor, more or less, refused to specifically join a party. They sort of knew he was a whig, but he was coy. But after getting beat by the like of James K. Polk, the Whigs didn't care.

Is it possible we can turn FriYAY into a Day of Whiggery???? Dare I dream???

Also, the Know-Nothings were entirely admirable in their anti-Irish sentiment, but entirely deplorable in their fucking temperance stand.

Comment

• One of the Thai cave divers has died. A 38-year-old former Thai SEAL. No word on what caused his death. If I had to make a guess, I would expect the coroner will find a PE, or an embolus that travelled to some other critical area. You have a piece of some crap hanging by a thread in your vessels, the pressure gradients of diving can loosen it and send it to wreak havoc.

Also, oxygen levels in the cave are getting depleted and they expect rains next week which will bring more cave flooding.

Quite the situation.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• It's horrifying. I'm glad I posted on it and got folks here talking about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                  It's horrifying. I'm glad I posted on it and got folks here talking about it.
                  haha. Yeah, me too.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                    One of the Thai cave divers has died. A 38-year-old former Thai SEAL. No word on what caused his death. If I had to make a guess, I would expect the coroner will find a PE, or an embolus that travelled to some other critical area. You have a piece of some crap hanging by a thread in your vessels, the pressure gradients of diving can loosen it and send it to wreak havoc.

Also, oxygen levels in the cave are getting depleted and they expect rains next week which will bring more cave flooding.

Quite the situation.
                    Don't things like that usually happen in deep dives? I'm not sure that there would be much pressure variances inside if the cave? I don't know a lot about diving, but I responded to a lot of dive accidents. It seemed that about 50% of them involved older ex-Navy Seals that still thought they were 22 year old bad asses.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Don't things like that usually happen in deep dives? I'm not sure that there would be much pressure variances inside if the cave? I don't know a lot about diving, but I responded to a lot of dive accidents. It seemed that about 50% of them involved older ex-Navy Seals that still thought they were 22 year old bad asses.
                      Yes. Definitely more on deep dives. But a small clot in the calf (for example) can be loosened pretty easily. It's more likely that than an MI at that age and level of fitness. A PE or equipment malfunction would be the most likely imo. And since he was a trained diver, equipment malfunction is (imo) is not as likely.

Comment

• Kimberly Ross?Verified account @SouthernKeeks 18h18 hours ago More
                        • Copy link to Tweet
                        • Embed Tweet
                        • Mute @SouthernKeeks
                        • Unmute @SouthernKeeks
                        • Block @SouthernKeeks
                        • Unblock @SouthernKeeks
                        • Report Tweet
                        • I don't like this Tweet
                        • Add to other Moment
                        • Add to new Moment

My niece and nephew, 13 and 17, just returned from a missions trip to Haiti. My dad asked them to summarize their trip with one takeaway. My sweet 13-year old niece: "I didn't hear a single Haitian complain. Americans have much and complain all the time."
                        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Speaking of Haiti, Judge Amy Coney Barrett adopted two Haitian children after the earthquake there.

She would make an excellent Supreme Court judge, and is the best of the final considerations.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            I remember millen being in here bitching and moaning about that Philly Starbucks video going viral. I'm sure of it.

I wonder if this restaurant will implement even more sensitivity training. LOL.
                            416, Negative. Starbucks video wasn't surprising. We disagreed on the important role memes play in disinformation and the distinctions of Mueller's investigation/Starr's.

WF, ofc I don't endorse what he did and he is obviously a shitty man child.

But, I can't imagine the ratio of elicited reactions to red hats being anywhere close to 50/50 -- I remember being a shit 16 y/o -- and sometimes I got humbled for it. I didn't post it online in hopes of some kind of justice -- I knew half the equation was me being a douche.

Comment

• Good weekend read. The conclusions in the article suggest an upside to the Fuck You trade policy of the Trump administration.The impact of tariffs on the global economy (and your investment portfolio!) as a means of extracting trade behavior from other nations, in this case China, tends to be a bit unpredictable. The majority of thoughts on Trump's trade policy have been negative with the biggest complaint being that the administration appears to not have thought through an "off ramp," i.e., in an escalating trade war, a tit-for-tat circumstance, when to dial back the pressure that tariffs traditionally impose on the target economy (China). This is the first thoughtful piece that I have come across that implies Trump is on the right path with respect to China's long history of mercantilism which, by t's nature, hurts the US economy. China's behavior on the world trade landscape has been a sore spot and one of contention through the past four or five US administrations. That Trump is actually doing something about it that might work to curtail it, is one of his campaign promises and one that falls in the category of let's wait and see ..... according to this article, so far, so good.

Another wrinkle to the China trade war story is a Reuters report that the European Union flatly rejected a proposal by Beijing to form a strategic alliance to take on the U.S. on trade. This is possibly because Europe knows deep down that China's mercantilism is real -- and that they have been guilty of similar behavior in the past.

https://a.msn.com/r/2/AAzFTsT?m=en-u...rID=InAppShare
                              Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; July 7, 2018, 08:18 AM.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Stunned

Comment

Working...
                                X