No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The former chairman of Obama's Global Development Council (apparently, that's a real thing) weighs in PDJT's foreign policy approach re North America, China and Iran -- https://www.project-syndicate.org/co...-erian-2020-01

It's working, but he needs to be cautious in going to the "non-cooperation" game theory approach too much. So far, his calculations have been correct, according to the author, but he's playing with fire.

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Not a President Obama appointee -- but still stating the obvious -- the US is beating China -- https://www.wsj.com/articles/china-s...mEV0%3D&reflin

Preach, brother.

Comment

• I'm also curious about the Ds' position on the economy. I mean, right now we have had steady growth for a long time. We have jobs everywhere. We have a tight labor market increasing wages for workers everywhere. We basically have macroeconomics 101 happening. Now, that may be because of or in spite of the PDJT tax cuts, but the one thing for certain is that the tax cuts were passed and "blue collar" type wages are increasing a bunch -- more than any other group.

So, what I'm curious about is how, exactly, does a punitive "wealth tax" or any other of various corporate taxes proposed by Communists/Possibly Still Democrats "increase" wages for the poor? I mean, there has to be some sort of government action in there, right? We'll steal from the rich and imposed a massive minimum wage hike, right? Because god knows that argument is contra to fundamental economics.

Comment

• Trump impeachment team will include Ken Starr and Alan Dershowitz...hahaha, wow

EDIT: I wonder if Trump mainly knows them through their nonstop Fox appearances or if he met them at one of Epstein's parties? Starr is also an expert on making rape allegations disappear so maybe he can help in the future if Trump has any more trouble on that front.
          Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; January 17, 2020, 10:03 AM.

Comment

• Dershowitz is a democrat, btw. He's in no way, shape or form a "right winger".

Jay Sekulow is the ace in the hole. He's really good, and has argued many cases before the USSC, and won.

I'd take Sekulow as my attorney before the likes of Nadler and Schiff any day.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
              Dershowitz is a democrat, btw. He's in no way, shape or form a "right winger".

Jay Sekulow is the ace in the hole. He's really good, and has argued many cases before the USSC, and won.

I'd take Sekulow as my attorney before the likes of Nadler and Schiff any day.
              He could use Lionel Hutz and still get acquitted. The end result isn't in doubt. I'm just amused he's using two guys that are constantly on tv, both worked for Jeffrey Epstein, and both have other questionable stuff in their backgrounds (the events leading to Starr's resignation from Baylor, Dersh's pride in getting OJ off the hook and many other things).

Comment

• Really, why the effort and expense? This is the OJ trial of the 21st century. Everyone knows the defendant is as guilty as original sin. Everyone also knows the defendant will be acquitted despite his guilt.

Here's hoping that this exercise simply adds to a growing sense of Trump fatigue in the election's run up.
                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• If the Dems were really intelligent they would have left this in the capable hands of the voters. We're not as stupid and incompetent as they think we are.

Comment

• I think PDJT's choice of attorneys is perfect for the clownshow this whole thing is.

Comment

• Some great awkward video with the LSU team at the WH. Towards the end, when Trump decides he's tired of praising others, and it's time the real hero gets his due (himself) is when it started getting good. That's when the team became a campaign prop. "We got the greatest economy we ever had, Joe!! Joe?" Trump turns halfway around, expecting Joe Burrow to let out a huge FUCK YEAH and a MAGA to boot, but Joe just looks sheepish and like he'd prefer to be anywhere else at that point.

Comment

• Yea hes just not a politician, never will be. Just praise LSU be nice and call it a day, but no he also made a comment about other Presidents (Obama) not being that good.

Comment

• is a Trumpboy, he has sworn his fealty to Trump and only Trump, like all Trumpboys. it was the dream team to defend Epstein, it will also help Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                            Some great awkward video with the LSU team at the WH. Towards the end, when Trump decides he's tired of praising others, and it's time the real hero gets his due (himself) is when it started getting good. That's when the team became a campaign prop. "We got the greatest economy we ever had, Joe!! Joe?" Trump turns halfway around, expecting Joe Burrow to let out a huge FUCK YEAH and a MAGA to boot, but Joe just looks sheepish and like he'd prefer to be anywhere else at that point.
                            Nice commentary (fan fiction). I watched it, didn't get that impression.

Comment

• Having LSU at the WH was a no-win situation for Trump, and it will be as long as he's in office. If I were President, I'd discontinue the practice of bringing teams to the WH.

But then again, the WH doesn't really belong to the President, it belongs to the people. They deserve the opportunity to visit the historic residence, and be honored there.

If they want to let politics stand in the way of a deserved honor, that's up to them.

Comment

• Indeed

Comment

Working...
                                X