Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Politics - 2020 Presidential Election - GOP v Dem cage fight (ENTER AT YOUR PERIL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Iron Lion View Post

1. What were they doing in the rotunda? Why were they in the Capitol at all?

2. Voting is a foundational right and there should not be obstacles in front of it. Driving isn't a right. It's a privilege. Why do you think you have an unassailable, absolute right to operate a multi-ton metallic missile of death capable of mass carnage?

3. What is this, nonsequitur hour? Yes of course I have a job. Self employed 7 days a week. What about you?

4. I live in SoCal. What problems are you referring to?

1. They were illegally rioting. Every national R has condemned their activities. They were not capable of overthrowing the government.

2. I've just never viewed citizenship and being of age as obstacles. Your point was that since photography was not known in 1789 that requiring photo ID was "not constitutional"

3. I just wondered why you place such a high value on increasing welfare. I'll just bet you work 7 days a week. Ha.

4. They are listed in the article I posted.

Comment

• I am not a fan of Biden though I am liking Dark Brandon more so. Shame it took him 1.5 years to figure out Republicans are dead set against anything a Dem will propose.

Yes, getting out of Afghanistan was a very good thing for this country. We should have left after killing Bin Laden (thank you President Obama). We stayed there 17 years too long too many lives were lost and trillions of dollars were spent that made the Defense contractors very happy. It is beyond the pale that we sent people back for 4,5 and 6 rotations into there.

Oil and Gas companies are posting record profits almost every quarter. They are not crippled.

I have no idea what you are talking about paying 15/hr for not working unless you are referring to the plus up in unemployment when the pandemic hit? If so, that was started by your guy Donald Trump and was one of the few good things he did as president.

up to 20k in debt forgiveness is a good thing. Why? Because college loans are a straight up scam. Any other loan you can discharge in bankruptcy student loans it is almost impossible. Any other loan you get you have a fixed interest rate that is calculated into the monthly payment. A student loan interest is set by Congress every year (before the pandemic it was as high as 6.8%). If you do not pay off the loan within the year the interest on it is then taken and put into the principle. The result is that you can pay your student loans for decades and just be treading water or your balance actually goes up. There is no incentive to pay them off early either. Why? Because the IRS will treat as found income and tax you on it.

No one batted an eye, when all those PPP loans were forgiven. No one cared when defrauded students at for profit universities got there loans forgiven.

No one cared when Congress dumped trillions to Wall Street at the beginning of the pandemic after the stock market lost 3k in ONE DAY. Yet, when student loans are forgiven on a massive level all of a sudden there is all this pearl clutching.

The entire student loan and college financing needs to burned down to the ground and built back up again. There is no reason that college should be so expensive that it is the privilege of only the elite.
      2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by kreton View Post

Reality.

Which one of those two statements is not true? Also were you able to tell the difference?
        No man…one of those had set up a system of gov’/leadership, taxes (extortion), armed security, and sent out an official statement to inform authorities that they were an autonomous free-zone. Lasted three weeks…police came in and cleaned it out

the other had a guy in a buffalo costume…lasted 12 hrs….participants got bored and wandered off.

Both groups had issues with how the gov’t handled something (a simplification) and started as a peaceful protests that went bad…your classification of what is a “dangerous insurrection” and a “meaningful protest” is based on your biased opinions related to your feelings toward the respective parties’ causes. i.e. you think violence is A OK if it’s people that you agree with doing the violence/bullying.

if you look at the nuts-and-bolts of what went down….CHOP had organized structure and leadership (not to mention a publicized statement of independence). Given the relative planning and logistics related to each of these protests…..and then looking at which of these events triggered the largest domestic investigation and prosecution in history…..

it’s really not hard to see this was political prosecution. At least if you’re not wearing blue donkey glasses.
        Last edited by Nick Pappageorgio; September 19, 2022, 02:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by klondike View Post
          Peaceful protests are one thing exuding power in a violent way is quite another. Both are wrong and I'm not excusing Jan 6th at all. I said they were fringe wackos and don't represent the whole republican party.
          Doesn't represent the whole GOP? Trump calls them patriots. The Republican party is sucking Trump dick all day every day. You do the math.
          "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
          Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

1. They were illegally rioting. Every national R has condemned their activities. They were not capable of overthrowing the government.

2. I've just never viewed citizenship and being of age as obstacles. Your point was that since photography was not known in 1789 that requiring photo ID was "not constitutional"

3. I just wondered why you place such a high value on increasing welfare. I'll just bet you work 7 days a week. Ha.

4. They are listed in the article I posted.
            1. Huh? What? Trump told them to *commit further crimes.* On Jan 6 he went on TV and told them he loved them and then he told them to *flee a fuckin crime scene.* "Go home" he said. 🔒🍊⬆️

Trump is the GOP. If he wants to run, there won't even be a primary.

2. And how am I wrong?

3. What the fuck are you talking about? I have never discussed welfare. Are you confusing me with someone else?

4. And look at all the fucks I give. I don't see why I should even bother if you cannot acknowledge basic shit.

Comment

• California's population dropped 20k over the last two or three years.

THAT is the heart of the "California Exodus."

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                California's population dropped 20k over the last two or three years.

THAT is the heart of the "California Exodus."
                It's not that they're leaving CA, it's that the Covid situation and people working remotely allowed people to leave costly big cities and get something cheap in a red state while still having their big city job.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Pappageorgio View Post

No man…one of those had set up a system of gov’/leadership, taxes (extortion), armed security, and sent out an official statement to inform authorities that they were an autonomous free-zone. Lasted three weeks…police came in and cleaned it out

the other had a guy in a buffalo costume…lasted 12 hrs….participants got bored and wandered off.

Both groups had issues with how the gov’t handled something (a simplification) and started as a peaceful protests that went bad…your classification of what is a “dangerous insurrection” and a “meaningful protest” is based on your biased opinions related to your feelings toward the respective parties’ causes. i.e. you think violence is A OK if it’s people that you agree with doing the violence/bullying.

if you look at the nuts-and-bolts of what went down….CHOP had organized structure and leadership (not to mention a publicized statement of independence). Given the relative planning and logistics related to each of these protests…..and then looking at which of these events triggered the largest domestic investigation and prosecution in history…..

it’s really not hard to see this was political prosecution. At least if you’re not wearing blue donkey glasses.
                  Jesus.

Apples to oranges.

We should have the largest investigation and prosecution in history considering that an insurrection was encouraged by the fucking President of the United States and the mob that he invited and incited breached the Capitol in an attempt to overturn the presidential election or at least create enough turmoil to allow said president to remain in office.

It wasn't "just a guy in a buffalo costume" that got bored and wandered off. It an attack on our system and it was the fucking US Capitol building.

At least if you're not wearing red elephant glasses and a red MAGA hat.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• It's hard to believe how many of these babies are still crying because their 'Alpha Male' lost the election.
                    Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Jesus.

Apples to oranges.

We should have the largest investigation and prosecution in history considering that an insurrection was encouraged by the fucking President of the United States and the mob that he invited and incited breached the Capitol in an attempt to overturn the presidential election or at least create enough turmoil to allow said president to remain in office.

It wasn't "just a guy in a buffalo costume" that got bored and wandered off. It an attack on our system and it was the fucking US Capitol building.

At least if you're not wearing red elephant glasses and a red MAGA hat.
                      It’s really not at the base of the argument…it’s super inconvenient to your narrative, but not apples to oranges (They declared independence in CHAZ..so it’s much closer to the definition of “insurrection”). They gave a list of demands…it was lengthy.

the truth is that you simply don’t care about the people extorted or murdered (multiple murders) during the CHOP/CHAZ…that’s why you think it’s a so different. They’re not a member of your mob…so committing violence against them is justified (in some twisted way…in your mind).

The people at the capitol were idiots…but that doesn’t make your “might makes right” attitude correct.

At a base level…these events parallel each other pretty closely…but you’d have to let go of your hypocrisy and admit the Jan 6 investigations/prosecutions were extremely politically motivated.

So understand that your bigotry is clouding your objectivity
                      Last edited by Nick Pappageorgio; September 19, 2022, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• It doesn't matter who breached the Capitol. I would say the same thing if it was the Dems.

The fact is that any American who gives a shit about our country should be outraged. I would expect the same level of investigation and prosecution regardless of party.

Of course to you, it was the same as a protest in Seattle and just some tourists taking selfies in DC, so I understand your faiure to grasp the significance of a mob that was encouraged by the President of the Uniteds States trying to stop the certification of an election.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Prosecutions are resulting from both. As they should.

Other wrong things being done doesn't mean the traitors from Jan. 6th get a free pass. Now what? Or more likely...... whatabout..... ?
                          Lions Fans.

Comment

• If you concede it was an illegal riot at the capitol, then you should concede there should be a congressional investigation of the failed coup attempt.

Comment

• ter·ror·ism
                              /ˈterəˌrizəm/
                              Learn to pronounce
                              noun
                              1. the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.
                              But ya know. Just a bunch of goofs, the republican taliban are..
                              Lions Fans.

Comment

• CGVT….I’m not saying what happened in the capitol wasn’t bad. It was a protest gone out of control.

sure, the capitol in Washington is prime real-estate and with the backdrop of the election it makes for good news footage….but in terms of scale, planning, and organization….CHOP/CHAZ was probably more egregious.

But for anyone to act like the <2,000 people strong group of trump idiots was a “threat to democracy”…is idiocy at it’s finest.

This is a political prosecution….plain and simple. The only reason you can’t/won’t admit this is because you support the CHOP cause…and you think violence should be accepted, as long as you support the cause. And if you don’t support the cause…violence is abhorrent and should be severely punished.

This is called hypocrisy…and apparently it’s your moral and political value system.

Comment

Working...
                                X