Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    Brown was a.weapon in the Super Bowl.
    You are joking, right? 6 targets, 22 yards - and his TD was a 1 yard TD.
    That is at best mid round production - not former stud WR production.
    A Weapon that does not scream - not in the slightest.

Comment

• One thing I know is I'm always going to take Tom Brady's opinion over your opinion on a matter like this.

Comment

• Fraquar hasn't been right about a football issue for 15000 posts. Why should he start now.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Lol, they won’t let Russell Cook. That’s why he wanted out. That team was trash. Carroll is the Harbaugh of the NFL. His gameplans suck. He wants to run with no O-line and no defense. He’s a decade behind the times.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
            Lol, they won’t let Russell Cook. That’s why he wanted out. That team was trash. Carroll is the Harbaugh of the NFL. His gameplans suck. He wants to run with no O-line and no defense. He’s a decade behind the times.
            I wish the Lions could suck at 12-4 in one of the strongest divisions in football. I’d be really ok with that
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

I wish the Lions could suck at 12-4 in one of the strongest divisions in football. I’d be really ok with that
              No, you wouldn't. You might think it was great for a little while, but you'd quickly sour on it if it didn't lead to a championship eventually.

Comment

• Yes, 1-16 or 16-1. It's all the same if your girl likes Stafford more than you.

71ULZv0XMML._SX342_.jpg
                Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• They went 11-5 in Caldwell's first season but I'm not sure anyone thought those guys were Super Bowl contenders, in fact that team was somewhat similar to last year's Seahawks.

My opinion is Wilson has delusions of grandeur, he's not as good as he thinks. He is still very good.

Comment

• Tyrann Mathieu on Le’Veon Bell: “These fellas will blame everybody for their lack of success”

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 14, 2021, 5:24 AM EDT

Getty Images

Chiefs safety Tyrann Mathieu is taking issue with former Chiefs running back Le'Veon Bell‘s criticism of Chiefs coach Andy Reid.

After former NFL cornerback Charles James posted PFT’s tweet about Bell saying he would never play for Reid again, Mathieu responded to James by indicating that Bell was the kind of player who blamed others when he didn’t succeed.

“These fellas will blame everybody for their lack of success. That’s how I know I’m built different,” Mathieu tweeted.

Bell was one of the most productive running backs in the NFL during his five seasons with the Steelers, but signing him proved to be a disaster with the Jets, and he didn’t do much for the Chiefs. He clearly didn’t impress Mathieu.
                    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• AND what did he say?

Le’Veon Bell: I have a right to how I feel about Andy Reid because of what he said to me

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 13, 2021, 8:40 PM EDT

Getty Images

Free agent running back Le'Veon Bell got plenty of attention, much of it negative, for saying he would never play for Andy Reid again. Now Bell is attempting to clarify that comment, although he hasn’t cleared much of anything up.

In a series of tweets on Sunday, a day after he posted his Instagram comment about never playing for Reid again, Bell said he stands by what he said about Reid but has nothing against Kansas City and probably wouldn’t make his beef with Reid public if he had it to do over again.

“I said what I said & I don’t regret at all what I said,” Bell wrote. “For those who have a PERSONAL PROBLEM with me because of what I SAID, that’s fine. you have your right! just understand I ALSO have MY RIGHT for how I feel about MY PERSONAL problem with dude because of what HE SAID to me.”

Bell did not explain what Reid said to him that Bell found objectionable, but he did say that other than Reid, he enjoyed his brief tenure with the Chiefs.

“Never did I say I didn’t enjoy my time in KC, because I loved my time there, and was probably the closest locker room full of players I ever been around,” Bell wrote. “I enjoyed my teammates, the city, food, the fans, just about everything in KC.”

Bell, who made his initial statement about Reid in the comments on an Instagram post, wishes he hadn’t done that.

“I’m not about to get all into depth on why I feel the way I do, but I have my right to feel the way I feel,” Bell wrote. “The ONLY thing I would change is commenting how i really felt on social media. I’ll admit that’s somethin I could’ve and should’ve kept to myself & I apologize about that and that only. but I don’t regret what I said, because that’s how I feel. so you can love me or hate me, I’m gonna be fine regardless. I’m just giving you a small version from my point of view on why I said what I said.”

Bell, who has been a free agent since his contract with the Chiefs officially expired in March, has said he still expects to play this season. So far there’s been little if any interest from NFL teams.
                      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Kyle Shanahan finds humor in the fact that people thought he wanted Mac Jones

Posted by Mike Florio on June 13, 2021, 7:55 PM EDT

Getty Images

The 49ers crafted a gratuitous mystery when they moved from No. 12 to No. 3 in the 2021 draft, given that they knew they ran the board after Trevor Lawrence inevitably went to the Jaguars and Zach Wilson inevitably went to the Jets.

More than a month later, coach Kyle Shanahan finds humor in the fact that they successfully caused people to believe that they made the move to get Mac Jones, not Trey Lance.

I do laugh at . . . that everyone thinks that they know exactly what I want at quarterback because I thought we had a chance to get [Kirk Cousins], the number one free agent quarterback who was going to be on the market in our second year,” Shanahan told Tim Kawakami of TheAthletic.com, via NBC Sports Bay Area. “And since we did, people just assume that’s how I would draw it up, which if you draw it up, obviously you’re going to give the guy everything. I do believe that you have to be able to win from the pocket in this league as a quarterback or it will catch up to you. But holy cow, if you can run, it makes playing from the pocket a lot easier because those defenses are going to change and stuff.”

He’s right. And he could have had a guy like that in Patrick Mahomes, with the second pick in the 2017 draft. But Shanahan was so hell bent on signing cousins in 2018 that he ignored both Mahomes and Deshaun Watson.

Personally (and at the risk of Kyle finding this annoying), I think the 49ers have freaked out a little bit (or a lot) after whiffing on Mahomes in 2017 and Tom Brady (who wanted badly to play for his hometown team) in 2020. They decided they can’t trust Jimmy Garoppolo to stay healthy, so they ultimately invested three first-round picks and a third-round pick in the ability to select Jones or Justin Fields or Lance. The fact that knowledgeable people (including Chris Simms, a former college teammate and close friend of Shanahan’s) believed it definitely was Jones means it definitely could have been Jones before Shanahan was persuaded by others in the organization to go all in with Lance.

Right or wrong, the ill-advised guessing game when there was no risk of being leapfrogged invites speculation that it was Jones before it was Lance — especially since the team did nothing to push back on the perception that it was Jones once people like Simms started saying it was Jones. Shanahan may have thought (as he’s said) that it all was an interesting case study in human dynamics. That may be the case, but it was also a piss-poor exercise by the franchise in crafting fan and media expectations.

THERE WAS NO NEED TO BE SECRETIVE, unless they traded up without truly knowing which player they planned to take. And if that’s the truth, then they did allow the Mahomes and Brady misadventures to cloud their judgment, because they could have stayed put at No. 12 and gotten Lance or Jones — especially since no one would have expected them to take either guy.

I know that this take will prompt 49ers fans to say I hate their team, just as the fans of every other team I ever criticize will say. And that’s fine. But it sure feels like the 49ers have f–ked this up, and it feels like (given the likelihood that Garoppolo will be the Week One starter for the 49er and given the very real possibility he’ll stay healthy all year like he did in 2019), they may f–k it up some more.

Comment

• The guy has a whole 1 winning season and he's moving ang speaking like he's anointed. Yeah that 1 was almost as great as it gets but we'll see the excuses going forward when they fall squarely on their face.

I think they end up fourth in their division and miss making the playoffs.

Comment

• Will Fuller on Dolphins receivers: “You can’t teach speed”

Posted by Mike Florio on June 13, 2021, 4:20 PM EDT
                            USA TODAY Sports

The Miami Dolphins two took major steps in the offseason to upgrade their receiving corps, drafting Jaylen Waddle and signing Will Fuller. On Friday, Fuller provided his assessment of the team’s pass catchers.

You can’t teach speed and we do have that on this team,” Fuller told reporters. “Not just me and Waddle, there are other players with speed, too. It’s going to be fun. We’re going to do what the coaches ask of us and we just going to be playing fast and we going to make some stuff happen.”

Fuller signed a one-year, $10 million deal with the Dolphins, despite missing the final five games of his contract year in Houston due to a PED suspension. He’ll serve the final game of the suspension to start the 2021 season.

“This was my first free agency, so I just took it as I wanted to go to a team that wanted me,” Fuller said. “The Dolphins showed the most interest. That’s why I chose the Dolphins. And, of course, I knew we have a great team here and we could do great things. Ever since I’ve been here, it’s been great. I love the culture here. It’s just been easy to be here. Like I said, I’ve been in the building as much as I can. I enjoy being here. I’m happy the Dolphins took a chance on me.”

It’s definitely a chance. Fuller’s talent is undeniable, but injuries have been an issue throughout his career. He missed five games in 2019, nine in 2018, and six in 2017. Also, to the extent that he managed to start 11 games before his suspension in 2020 due to the banned substance for which he tested positive, the fact that this substance is off the table will make it harder for him to stay on the field in 2021.

Fuller finagled an eight-figure salary from the Dolphins despite never having a 1,000-yard receiving season. Last year became by far his best, with 879 yards on 53 catches and eight touchdowns. That pace translates to 1,279 yards, 77 catches, and 11 touchdowns, but for the suspension.

In his most recent appearance, on Thanksgiving against the Lions, Fuller had six catches for 171 yards, along with two touchdowns. A first-round pick in 2016, his best single-game performance came in Week Five of the 2019 season, with 14 catches for 217 yards and three touchdowns in a 53-32 win over the Falcons.

Comment

• Texas native Kyler Murray was never a Cowboys fan because “they were always ass”

Posted by Mike Florio on June 13, 2021, 11:54 AM EDT

Getty Images

The Cardinals and the Cowboys have had a one-sided rivalry over the years. The Cardinals regarded the Cowboys as enemies; the Cowboys regarded the Cardinals as a mild annoyance.

Cardinals quarterback Kyler Murray recently spiced things up with this explanation for the fact that he wasn’t a Cowboys fan despite growing up in Texas (via the Blogging The Boys Twitter account): “They were always ass.”

Murray is only 23. The Cowboys have not been a high-level contender in his lifetime. Indeed, the Cowboys haven’t played in the NFC Championship during Murray’s lifetime. In contrast, the Cardinals have been to two of them — and one Super Bowl.

Also, the Cardinals have a 5-1 record against the Cowboys over their last six meetings. On a Monday night during the 2020 season, Murray and the Cardinals torched the Cowboys, 38-10. Even with that recent run by Arizona, the Cowboys still lead the all-time series, 56-33-1.

The 91st meeting happens this season, when the Cardinals visit the Cowboys in Week 17.

Comment

• We don't want to give this guy a one year tryout?

Malik Hooker hoping to visit more teams

Posted by Josh Alper on June 13, 2021, 8:38 AM EDT

Getty Images

Safety Malik Hooker has visited with the Cowboys, Dolphins and Steelers since becoming a free agent, but has not signed with a team for the 2021 season.

During an appearance on SiriusXM NFL Radio earlier this week, Hooker said that he knows he’s likely to sign a one-year deal coming off of an Achilles tear and that he hopes to have more conversations with teams before training camps open around the league.

“It’s about fitting into the perfect system to be able to go out there and show my talents,” Hooker said. “There was a couple of teams I visited with that I thought highly of. Now, it’s just a matter of taking my time with it. Training camp’s next month, not next week, so I’ve got time to be able to still tune up things and still hopefully go on more visits to see what else teams are talking about. Maybe meet with some teams I’ve met with before hopefully.”

Hooker said he feels “capable” of playing right now, but that there’s still “little stuff” he needs to get back to being the player he was before the injury.

Comment

Working...
                                X