No announcement yet.

NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I don't mind it in theory, in application it can really suck though. They are doing the same thing in college and I feel bad for a kid that's all amped up for a game and makes a big play right out of the gate, gets a little overexuberant with his reaction and gets the flag immediately thrown on them. I'd almost rather see them give each team maybe one warning before they start throwing the taunting flags.

For the NFL I'm less inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt. You're a grown ass professional, do your job, celebrate with your teammates, move along. I'm all for creative, even elaborate celebrations after TDs, or turnovers.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post
      Spin it how you want - it’s hugely unpopular with fans (and players) and gives more power to the zebras to selectively fuck over teams.

Flexing in the vicinity of an opponent OMG
      I think the biggest issue, meaning only issue, is the NFL didn't give clear definition. In the vicinity is not the issue. All in someone's face AFTER you have did your thing to rub it in even more has always been distasteful and nothing that I want to see as a fan.

Celebrate? Yes! Point your finger in the face of an opponent? Lame.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• IDK how you guys feel, but the whole defense running all the way into the endzone after a turnover is one of the absolute worse celebrations I have ever seen. Looks forced and ugly
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
          IDK how you guys feel, but the whole defense running all the way into the endzone after a turnover is one of the absolute worse celebrations I have ever seen. Looks forced and ugly
          i don’t mind it, but yes I think it’s kind of silly
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post
            Spin it how you want - it’s hugely unpopular with fans (and players) and gives more power to the zebras to selectively fuck over teams.

Flexing in the vicinity of an opponent OMG
            That call last night was the right call.
            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• I don’t think so.

It wouldn’t even have been looked at in previous seasons. Just another excuse to throw flags and gives the officials more control seeing as there’s constant trash talk and they can flag it when they choose to

What’s wrong with letting your opponent know you made a play? It’s a competitive sport. The no fun league is back.

Comment

• And while we’re at it, any time a player does that stup assed “throw the flag” motion he should get a 15 yard penalty too.
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Oh yeah and don’t block Brady on an INT return.

Comment

• If someone is taunting, there should be a call, but I think this renewed emphasis is based on John Mara being a redass rather than some supposed increase in taunting.

Comment

• Mara’s brainchild. The rule that nobody asked for and nobody wanted and is generally reviled by actual fans of the sport. Bullshit flag ended the game yesterday.

Comment

• I’m an “actual fan of the sport” and like the rule

Comment

• You’re not a #truefanofthesport, CG.

Comment

• You’re in a minority, hence the word “generally”:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports....002508298.html
                            Last edited by TheLondonLion; October 15, 2021, 01:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                              And while we’re at it, any time a player does that stup assed “throw the flag” motion he should get a 15 yard penalty too.
                              Infinitely more irritating. Like the soccer player waving the yellow card motion. Get that c*nt sent off.
                              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Also a 15 yard penalty for spinning a football in the proximity of an opposition player is absolutely insane. That’s putting it on the same level as a helmet to helmet or hitting a defenseless receiver that can do serious physical damage.

They’re huge calls for frankly very little that waste more time and generate more flags. There’s no consistency in how the rule is enforced.

Comment

Working...
                                X