No announcement yet.

NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm always surprised when things like these Gruden emails come out. After the whole OJ trial 25 years ago, I thought nothing would surprise me about celebrities anymore, but it always does shock whatever the scandal is.

Comment

• But that's just it. They're just humans man. Society loves to put people on pedestals, but we're all just people. We all have different stuff going on, but we all eat, drink, sleep, pee and poop. IF there is people doing _____ then bet your bottom dollar a "celebrity" is doing _____

I'm not surprised
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I'm not surprised one lick - Gruden's always come off like a complete douchebag. What I do get surprised about is how dumb these guys are sending emails through organizational emails like that.

As for Urban, sure he didn't do anything illegal. But he's one of the biggest hypocrites in sports, preaching about leadership, family, faith, blah, blah, blah. He's slimy, two-faced, televangelist of a coach whos' always been willing to look the other way when it suited him. And he just keeps on rolling along doing this type of shit because he never actually learns anything. So I enjoy when he inevitably steps in his own shit.

Comment

• Being surprised by those emails doesn't mean that I was putting Gruden on a pedestal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

I did not know that.
            Sarcasm or did you not really know?

Yeah Henry Ford was a big Eugenics fan, Jew hating, bigot who thought he could engineer society by controlling communities through social engineering (a cool tidbit is that the modern mall is based on ideas of several companies including Ford having an enclosed building with living space and shopping locations to keep people inside, but basically what its happening today with large companies "campuses").

Ford and Hitler had a pretty big bromance going till WW2 started and partners like UK were drawn in. Not denouncing Germany and Hitler till the US entered war.

“It is Jews who govern the stock exchange forces of the American Union,” he wrote. “Every year makes them more and more the controlling masters of the producers in a nation of one hundred and twenty millions; only a single great man, Ford, to their fury, still maintains full independence.” In 1938, long after the vicious character of Hitler’s government had become clear, Ford accepted the Grand Cross of the German Eagle, the Nazi regime’s highest honor for foreigners.
            From https://www.thenation.com/article/ar...rd-and-fuhrer/
            AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Originally posted by Topweasel View Post

Sarcasm or did you not really know?

Yeah Henry Ford was a big Eugenics fan, Jew hating, bigot who thought he could engineer society by controlling communities through social engineering (a cool tidbit is that the modern mall is based on ideas of several companies including Ford having an enclosed building with living space and shopping locations to keep people inside, but basically what its happening today with large companies "campuses").

Ford and Hitler had a pretty big bromance going till WW2 started and partners like UK were drawn in. Not denouncing Germany and Hitler till the US entered war.

From https://www.thenation.com/article/ar...rd-and-fuhrer/
              I really did not know. Dammit man. I could make a current day correlation on Nazi bromance but I would rather not start a fire. Again
              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• 1. Sean Taylor (rip) receiving this honor is a good thing.
                2. Dan Snyder with a dumbassed distraction attempt to remove some of the spotlight off him when it comes to WFT. Like it’s so obvious that this news ONLY dropped because of the emails scandal. What’s next, is their new team name news going to come out in a few days? Distraction!!!

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Has Snyder been implicated himself in any of the Harassment? I'm just curious, I haven't personally seen it but I may have missed it. I mean I know the guy is a shitbag on many fronts and I find it hard to believe he knew nothing. Like I said, just curious. Not trying to come off as defending him as I think he's a piece of shit for some of the other things he's done and would love to see his ass out of the league.

Also, yeah that reeks of distraction to me too.

Comment

• Nothing about Snyder from what I know. They are still investigating.

It just reeks of Snyder being a slimy skumbag with the Sean Taylor news when it shouldn't.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• My personal feeling is they will fight to the death to prevent the emails from being released. These leaks seem pretty shady and the fact they didn't release the report reinforces that feeling.

Comment

• This emphasis on taunting is the worst rules change/emphasis in years.

A rule no one wanted or asked for apart from a few ancient owners/GM’s.

Let them show emotion.

Comment

• They can show emotion. They can celebrate all they want. They just can't get up in someones face after a play and be a jackass.

No need for a bunch of strutting and posturing over a vanquished foe.
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• It’s a competitive, physical game. There will always be a bit of chippiness.

It’s a dumb, irritating rule that does nothing to improve the enjoyment or entertainment of the game (in fact detracts from it) and was done at the behest of some dullard old execs.

Comment

• Chippiness? yes. In your face posturing? No

It is a good rule supported by the players association and coaches as well as "some dullard old execs"

“The N.F.L. Players Association, coaches and competition committee have all made a strong statement regarding respect among everyone on the field,” the league said on Tuesday in its annual rule changes and points of emphasis video. “We saw an increase in actions that clearly are not within the spirit and intent of this rule and not representative of the respect to opponents and others on the field.”

This is the NFL, not the WWF
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Spin it how you want - it’s hugely unpopular with fans (and players) and gives more power to the zebras to selectively fuck over teams.

Flexing in the vicinity of an opponent OMG

Comment

Working...
                                X