No announcement yet.

NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought this thread was gonna be all about Henry Ruggs. Pretty tragic stuff
    WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• All that money and he couldn't hire a limousine for his night out?
      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• He’s facing 2 years minimum and 20 max. Sad story. Someone posted video of the car on fire online. It’s terrible.

Comment

• DeSean cleared waivers. Lions should sign him. That's what a winner would do.

1.) Sign DeSean
          2.) That Stafford guy will demand a trade to the Lions.
          3.) Profit.
          Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• The Raiders right now are showing why teams check out player character so much

Comment

• Time to give Kingsbury his props?

Beating up on the Niners minus Watt, Hopkins and Murray is some effort.

I like what the Cards did there - unlike us chasing and copying the last trend they did something different. It’s been clear for a while that old prejudices about the air raid in the NFL were overly conservative bullshit.

Comment

• He is doing well this year, but it's only half a year. Some of what you characterize as overly conservative BS is more like your QB is in danger running that offense.

But let's make one thing clear, the offense they run is not like what is run in college.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                  The Raiders right now are showing why teams check out player character so much
                  Nope. Ruggs by all accounts was a stand up guy with no history of anything negative. He also has always did a lot with helping out and visiting under-priviledged and disabled kids.

I say this all the time at work. At the end of the day, people will make mistakes. If a person shows those flaws and they are ignored? Shame on us. If they showed good on everything then change to something different? Move on. Just move on.

People are just people.
                  Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

Nope. Ruggs by all accounts was a stand up guy with no history of anything negative. He also has always did a lot with helping out and visiting under-priviledged and disabled kids.

I say this all the time at work. At the end of the day, people will make mistakes. If a person shows those flaws and they are ignored? Shame on us. If they showed good on everything then change to something different? Move on. Just move on.

People are just people.
                    The point of my post was cuz players wash out from bad decisions. This exactly points to why teams stress character so much. You heard about Damon Arnette as well, right? The point is, the Raiders don't have their top 2 first rounders from last years draft anymore ... it's due to off the field issues. It EXACTLY points to why teams stress character so much, regardless of what Ruggs was like before

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post

The point of my post was cuz players wash out from bad decisions. This exactly points to why teams stress character so much. You heard about Damon Arnette as well, right? The point is, the Raiders don't have their top 2 first rounders from last years draft anymore ... it's due to off the field issues. It EXACTLY points to why teams stress character so much, regardless of what Ruggs was like before
                      Yeah. But they did that and the result was still bad. So that only gets you so far and it isn't applicable here because neither had this behavior in their past.

It's why I believe there needs to be a guy that just keeps a eye or ear to guys going wayward.

It's hard for me to believe this was the first time he drank and drove. It has to be a constant reminder and not taken for granted.
                      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

Yeah. But they did that and the result was still bad. So that only gets you so far and it isn't applicable here because neither had this behavior in their past.

It's why I believe there needs to be a guy that just keeps a eye or ear to guys going wayward.

It's hard for me to believe this was the first time he drank and drove. It has to be a constant reminder and not taken for granted.
                        Of course it only gets you so far ... ah, nevermind

Comment

• It seems you thought I was talking about this specific instance, when I was meaning in the broad sense. Oh well no biggie

Comment

• Cardinals literally chased a fad by going after what they thought was the next McVay, even touting him as being friends with McVay in the press release.

Comment

• Maybe in terms of being a smart, young offensive mind. His style of offense is nothing like McVay’s or Shanahan’s though.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post
                                Time to give Kingsbury his props?
                                absolutely
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X