No announcement yet.

Detroit Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's nice to read Hinch explain the handling of Mize/Skubal/Manning this season - and for what is left of it. At least they have a manager with a plan. Most definitely uncharted territory in terms of workload extremes from one season to the next for young pitchers.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
      Tork went 7-7 last night with 3 dingers. Both Tork and Greene look like they are ready for AAA.
      Meh, AAA - if you can rake in AA you are ready. AAA is little more than an extended bench to deal with injuries.

Comment

• Yep, no sense in wasting him in the minor leagues.

Comment

• No reason to bring Torkleson or Greene up to the big leagues this year.
          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Tork is ready, it's amazing how pitiful that offense is and they are near .500.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              Tork is ready, it's amazing how pitiful that offense is and they are near .500.
              If they were right there in the playoff mix, I'd say call him up.

But they aren't, and thanks to stupid service rules, there's no benefit bringing him up this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

If they were right there in the playoff mix, I'd say call him up.

But they aren't, and thanks to stupid service rules, there's no benefit bringing him up this season.
                Think you are looking at mid 2022 for both of them. If it had been a normal year last year I think they both would be up now.
                2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Mid 2022? good grief, that offense today was pitiful.
                  Last edited by froot loops; August 15, 2021, 05:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                    Mid 2022? good grief, that offense today was pitiful.

It totally depends on the CBA. Tork has a clearer path to the majors than Greene does. But neither guy is going to get the call until the Tigers secure an extra year of service time. I can see late May/early June as the best case right now.

Comment

• Since when did skipping AAA become something? There’s zero need to rush anyone. These guys need to taste AAA first. Best case they come up late April next year after we gain that extra year of control.

Comment

• This came out right after my last post. As usual, Froot is clueless…

Comment

• Tigers top prospect Spencer Torkelson was promoted to Triple-A Toledo on Sunday.

The top overall selection from last season's draft, Torkelson played in 50 games at Double-A Erie, slashing .263/.373/.560 with 14 homers, 36 RBI and a 50/30 K/BB ratio. The Tigers have already said that Torkelson won't reach the big leagues this season, but now he'll have plenty of time to show what he's got against Triple-A pitching while building his case for next season.

SOURCE: Detroit Tigers Player Development on Twitter
                          Aug 15, 2021, 7:58 PM ET

Comment

• Looks like Greene got the promotion as well. The timeline is lining up. Sign an impact SS and hopefully Tork/Greene get the call late April. This is all best case.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                              Looks like Greene got the promotion as well. The timeline is lining up. Sign an impact SS and hopefully Tork/Greene get the call late April. This is all best case.
                              I would be totally down with grabbing Correa and JV.

I could totally see this lineup in June 2022

LF Grossman (s)
                              RF Baddoo (l)
                              SS Correa
                              dh Miggy
                              3b Candelario (s)
                              1b Torkelson
                              CF Greene (l)
                              2b Schoop
                              C Haase

Comment

• At that point, if Miggy is anything more than a spot performer, there's something very, very wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X