No announcement yet.

Detroit Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have some questions about JV coming off of surgery and at his age. As in, it wouldn’t seem like a slam dunk signing. Riskier.

At the same time, would love it because he is my favorite Tigers player ever. Give JV the opportunity to go full circle with a 2006 Kenny Rogers redemption arc story.

Following my heart over mind … I’m down for it.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• If you are.worryimg about service time time to wait until mid 2022 for a guy ready now then you are a franchise that has morphed into the Miami Marlins.

The King probably thought it would have been smart to keep Verlander in the minors for an extra year of seasoning in 2006.

The King is only interested in BA rankings and not real games.

Comment

• He’s not ready, moron. He hasn’t even touched AAA. 95% of what you post in this thread is wrong. You are consistent, I give you credit. A consistent horses ass.

Comment

• You can push SP because they have limited bullets. You don’t push hitters before they even get to AAA. It’s stupid and, whatever…

You just have no clue.

Comment

• You certainly wouldn't have pushed Verlander, you mostly likely said he wasn't ready and what was the rush.

Torkleson is ready, if a guy can take in the AA, he can take in the Show. He will most likely be on the big league roster on opening day in 2021 and this Toledo stint this season won't get him any more ready. You are approaching baseball like McClellan approached the Civil War, they will never be ready.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              You certainly wouldn't have pushed Verlander, you mostly likely said he wasn't ready and what was the rush.

Torkleson is ready, if a guy can take in the AA, he can take in the Show. He will most likely be on the big league roster on opening day in 2021 and this Toledo stint this season won't get him any more ready. You are approaching baseball like McClellan approached the Civil War, they will never be ready.
              If the service time stays the same (and that will be determined in the next CBA) --- I will be very surprised if Tork and Greene break north out of Spring Training. Are the Tigers going to be such good playoff contenders that not having those guys, for those 3+ weeks, be the difference between making the playoffs or not? Not likely.

Verlander dominated the minors in 2005 and was knocked around in those two spot starts he had. In ST he forced the Tigers to bring him north with an outstanding spring.

It may be that Tork and Greene play so well that the Tigers don't have a choice but to bring them north next year. And that would be a good thing. Both of them getting 6 weeks in AAA is a good thing right now too.

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Tork is certainly going to force their hand, he might be the best hitter in the organization. The lineup they trot out right now is woeful. It's time to stop worrying about winning the BA rankings. Bring these guys up, and start spending big.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  Tork is certainly going to force their hand, he might be the best hitter in the organization. The lineup they trot out right now is woeful. It's time to stop worrying about winning the BA rankings. Bring these guys up, and start spending big.
                  Tork has a clearer path to bigs than Greene does at least to open 2022.

No point in bringing either of them up this year.

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• I'm more about Tork being up but Greene has nobody blocking him on the big league club. He is ready as well, quit trying to be the Miami Marlins. If they are worth the money after six seasons, you pay them the money.
                    Last edited by froot loops; August 17, 2021, 08:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                      You can push SP because they have limited bullets. You don’t push hitters before they even get to AAA. It’s stupid and, whatever…

You just have no clue.
                      I look at it like this.
                      Q: How long do I want to keep a good hitter in the Tigers farm system.......
                      A: Only as long as absolutely necessary.

Comment

• Exactly right

Comment

• MLB service time

Theres zero chance the Tigers would rush Greene or Tork as it would allow them to become free agents sooner. I can’t tell if you guys are kidding or not.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• If that's a determining factor, they will never, ever contend. It is a sign they have become the Miami Marlins of the AL.

Comment

• It’s not just the Tigers. Every MLB team does the same shit. It’s about control over when the player can hit FA. If it wasn’t a factor players would be called up sooner

Regardless, players would still need to play AAA ball. It’s a fairly logical progression.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I'm aware of why they did that and I'm saying that it means you have morphed into an ankle biting organization that is destined for the cellar. A cellar dweller always with the promise of next year and the prospects. Worrying about 6 years down the line is a total fool's errand. It is pennywise pound foolish. How many years are you willing to put up with truly sad sack lineups?

Comment

Working...
                                X