No announcement yet.

Detroit Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man. Elvin is getting whacked the past few outings. It’s like BP out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
      Man. Elvin is getting whacked the past few outings. It’s like BP out there.
      Yep. Good news E-rod pitched a really strong 4 innings in his first rehab start in Toledo.

Fake E-rod would not be up if not for injuries when you start getting to like #10 on the depth chart not going to be good results.
      2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
        Casey Mize ... Tommy John. Oh well. I literally thought that it was the former PGA tour player with the bad leg when I saw the headline, that's how much Casey Mize has impacted my mind. Never preferred him as the #1 pick, but it made sense. Whatever
        There was nobody that would have been preferred in that draft with the #1 pick - other than a Collegiate pitcher.
        You'd literally have to have a Ken Griffey Jr. type to not take Mize there - and that didn't exist in that draft.

Comment

• I wonder how long the elbow has been barking with Mize. His K were way down. He may come back throwing more heat. Worst case is he is a 3/4 SP type who eats innings with good ratios. That’s still valuable. The guy can pitch. TJ sucks, but it seems to happen to damn near everyone at this point. Hopefully he has a good recovery. I’ve been expecting this since he went down, so the quicker he goes under the knife, the quicker the recovery.

Comment

• This team sucks for sure, but holy shit, the SP have just been destroyed by injuries. We have good depth there and last years class was SP heavy, but ya, eventually you run out of everyone and have to lean on guys like Elvin.

And it shows.

Comment

• That 2018 class has a bunch of slap hitters and guys hit by injuries. Maybe Gilbert (SP Sea) and India have shown the most now. It’s still early, but even Grayson (SP Bal) just went down. Hell, Kyler fucking Murray went top ten.

He’s had the most success of anyone in that draft, lol.

Comment

• The old saying that "there is no such thing as a pitching prospect" still rings true.

Comment

• They don't even throw that many innings any more and need Tommy John surgery......I don't know if they are putting too much torque on their arms trying to get extra movement or velocity but there is clearly a problem.

Comment

• I think Mize's issue isn't torque but suspect mechanics.

The rash of TJ surgeries has everything to do with pitchers pitching as hard as they can all the time. 15 years ago when Zumaya hit triple digits and Verlander 99, that was a huge deal. Now it is fairly commonplace. Baseball has figured out how to increase the velocity in the last decade, TJ surgery is fairly commonplace now.

Comment

• Time to pray that Joba turns into the man
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                        Time to pray that Joba turns into the man
                        As hard as he throws, he may be a future TJ candidate too

Comment

• They need an influx of position players. With the dead ball and that gigantic park, the pitching will be fine.

Comment

• Joba retired.

Comment

• Ha, I think he meant Jobe.

Comment

• I meant Jabba, he got choked out the last time he was seen alive.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X