Detroit Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jobe has that crazy spin rate, so yeah he'll prob be next
    WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• I stopped paying attention to the tigers a couple of years ago. I used to be a huge baseball fan. Now I'm almost completely ambivalent about the game. I suppose I would be more interested if detroit had a professional team. Originally when Avila tookover, I thought that the tigers would be somewhat competitive by 2023. It seems I was way overly optimistic. Seriously, this is a AAA team at best (more like AA, imo). I wonder how long will the fans continue to support them.

Chris Ilitch is making WCF look like the most successful owner in all of sports.
      Detroit Lions: Where futility is a lifestyle choice.

Comment

• If the Tigers were in the AL East they would be 19.5 games back...after 59 games.....The only thing that gives this team any hope at all is they are in a very bad division and get to play those teams 19 times a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by gibby View Post
          I stopped paying attention to the tigers a couple of years ago. I used to be a huge baseball fan. Now I'm almost completely ambivalent about the game. I suppose I would be more interested if detroit had a professional team. Originally when Avila tookover, I thought that the tigers would be somewhat competitive by 2023. It seems I was way overly optimistic. Seriously, this is a AAA team at best (more like AA, imo). I wonder how long will the fans continue to support them.

Chris Ilitch is making WCF look like the most successful owner in all of sports.
          The scary thing is this: Chris Ilitch might last nearly as long as WCF did as the Detroit Lions Owner, so that means that fans of the Tigers have at least 3-4 more decades of garbage baseball if Chris Ilitch stays around.

"I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
          My friend Ken L

Comment

• Not good Bob
            Eduardo Rodriguez has informed the Tigers he won't rejoin the club at this time for personal reasons and has been placed on the restricted list "until further notice," the team announced Monday.

Comment

• Baez and ERod. Not good.

Ha, just saw this about Tony La Russa. Intentional walk on a 1-2 count?! Hilariously bad… especially when the next batter hits a 3 run HR.

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• "Baez and ERod. Not good."

Avila has not been stellar at signing big free agents that is for sure.......

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
                  "Baez and ERod. Not good."

Avila has not been stellar at signing big free agents that is for sure.......
                  Avila is this generation's Randy Smith, another overrated and underachieving General Manager that's running the Detroit Tigers into the ground.

My friend Ken L

Comment

• Randy Smith was better. He never had the chance to blow money like Avila has. But again the shackles Chris Ilitch puts on the spending makes the job hard. Baez and Rodriguez are half loaf free agent buys. You are trying to upgrade the position but you don't really want to spend what it takes so you are getting the 5th or 6th best option at the position. When you do that you get stuck with Baez or Zimmerman. You are paying for past performance on players that may have seen their best days.

Verlander contacted them but they weren't even serious about meeting 25 million for one year. In baseball, free agency is tough. If you are getting a guy in tier one free agency, it better be for a top guy at the position and you can't worry about the price tag. Chris Ilitch was willing to go 280 milliion for Correa, but he wouldn't go over 300 million, if that's the case it is stupid.

Comment

• You have to go back to WW2 to find an offense as putrid as the Tigers. I would argue that 7 years into the rebuild, they are much farther away from contending than at any time during this stupid rebuild. Remember this any time someone posts some fangraphs article talking up the farm system.

After Tork and Riley Greene, there is nothing in the wings. The woeful 2003 offense was miles better than this shit platter.
                      Reinforcements are inbound but run production has actually trended even worse in June.

Comment

• Al Avila comes cheap. Anyone Chris I. hires would be cheap as well. Abandon all hope for this franchise.

And always remember that you penny-pinchers in the fanbase wanted this the entire time Mike Illitch was spending money that wasn't yours.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                          Al Avila comes cheap. Anyone Chris I. hires would be cheap as well. Abandon all hope for this franchise.

And always remember that you penny-pinchers in the fanbase wanted this the entire time Mike Illitch was spending money that wasn't yours.
                          Yep, here we are at the middle of June, and this team is already just about out of the race, even in a putrid Division such as the AL Central.
                          My friend Ken L

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                            Al Avila comes cheap. Anyone Chris I. hires would be cheap as well. Abandon all hope for this franchise.

It was cool to have that 10 year stretch where they contender or at least fielded a decent team. It's hard to watch now.

Comment

• Down 10-0 in the sixth. At least they have three hits.

#thisshittakestime

Comment

• Listen, once all this talent down in the farm finally develops, it'll be safe to spend a little bit more money.

That should probably be some time in the next decade. Just be patient!

Comment

Working...
                                X