No announcement yet.

All Things Rams - Stafford Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The funny thing about that pick is who made the interception. Diggs was an actual guy with talent that the Lions found and their idiot coach didn't like his attitude and gave him away for a song. He has thrived in Seattle, at the time of the trade there were all kinds of people applauding the trade because in their opinion Diggs sucked. One of those Diggs haters was The King.

Comment

• You guys are never going to convince people that think Stafford was anything other than exceptional. It's a conclusion you can only come to if you don't really understand the game. I'm not calling these people stupid but many are willfully ignorant.

As it relates to this game you're arguing with people that would cry at every interception as if Stafford throws a ton. As if he doesn't throw them at a lesser rate than guys named Manning, Brees, Roethlisberger etc. You know, guys who won superbowls. 2.3 percent of throws. Brady has a career average of 1.8 percent. Not much different. Difference is those teams that won superbowls were all capable of winning games still when it happens. One turnover is basically game over when you can't run or get defensive stops. Also that 2.3 number is heavily waited towards the beginning of his career. If he continues how he's been the last several years it will probably creep down to around 2.0 career.

But nah, having shitters for teammates and coaches has no effect on winning. Totally his fault.

So yeah, pardon the fuck out of me if I'm a fan still of a QB that is incredibly talented and gave his all to a shitter organization that wasted half or more of his career drafting slow unathletic turds, Injury prone turds and signing mediocre starters to huge FA deals while every talented player that wasn't him got shipped out or allowed to walk.

I'll be a Stafford fan for the rest of his career and for anything he does after that. Cry about it.

Comment

• video game charity GIF by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
          Stafford didn’t have a great game but he did what he needed to do to win the game.
          He did better after they taped up his finger.
          "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
            Stafford threw a bad pick tonight. But guess what, it didn’t crush the team because the D held up and the Rams found their groove in the 2nd and Stafford led 3 TD drives for a win on the road, at night, in a very tough place to play. And Stafford was playing with an injured finger on his throwing hand. That’s how it’s supposed to work.
            FIFY
            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              It was fairly obvious the last 4 or 5 years that they were probably the worst team in the league when he wasn't in there. Eventually you would think people would wisen up to that.
              Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
              Let that be a lesson to you...... 'People never learn'.

- Homer Simpson
              "A grown MF is gonna do what a grown MF want to do." - Uncle Butch

Originally posted by edindetroit View Post

FIFY
              Good for him. But, what I don't understand is, he is no longer a Lion. So why all the cheerleading? Is that all people got going on? Why not cheer Suh? He won a SB so he wasn't THE problem. MS was good when he was with Detroit. But he isn't anymore. Just like Suh, Diggs, Slay, etc... There was sheer vitriol when Barry and Calvin were forced to retire because the Lions wouldn't give them a release like they did Matt. I don't hold any ill will and genuinely want HIM to be ok. I just want the RAMS to suk.

I'm sorry, but I can't root against my team. I hope the Rams lose. GO LIONS!!!
              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Stafford's time in Detroit has warped a lot of Lion fans view of what a good game is at quarterback. If it isn't hero ball with no mistakes, it isn't a good game. That's to be expected, I don't remember that many games in Detroit where his defense and running game could win a game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

Good for him. But, what I don't understand is, he is no longer a Lion. So why all the cheerleading? Is that all people got going on? Why not cheer Suh? He won a SB so he wasn't THE problem. MS was good when he was with Detroit. But he isn't anymore. Just like Suh, Diggs, Slay, etc... There was sheer vitriol when Barry and Calvin were forced to retire because the Lions wouldn't give them a release like they did Matt. I don't hold any ill will and genuinely want HIM to be ok. I just want the RAMS to suk.

I'm sorry, but I can't root against my team. I hope the Rams lose. GO LIONS!!!
                  I think something that we as fans need to do is disabuse ourselves of the idea that the Lions are in any way "our team." Because they aren't. Hell, the Ford family doesn't even really need our ticket sales to pull a profit any more. It is the Ford family's vanity project, and we're just all the stupid rubes they play every single week as fools.

And for the record, I did cheer Suh on. Hell, one of the reasons I wanted to see the Rams win in 2016 was because I knew it would piss off so many Ford family loyalists that were upset that Suh dared thumb his nose at the Ford family's money, and took it as a personal insult to them and the city of Detroit.

I wanted the Lions to go 0-16 in 2008. I want them to go 0-17 in 2021, and I want the Rams to win a Super Bowl. Not because of the draft pick, but because I want the stench of that failure to be forever linked to the people who own it, and if a bunch of fans feel ashamed that gets linked to their personal identity, oh well. Anything that puts the sheer incompetence of the Detroit Lions and the Ford family into stark relief is good for me. Not to many things would make me happier than to see Stafford lift the Lombardi trophy while Lions fans cry about how unfair it is.

Maybe one day, the shame of being such miserable failures will lead the Fords to sell the team. I doubt it (I suspect the only thing that will incur that is a collapse of the REAL family company, where they feel compelled to sell the Lions to get needed capital), but hey... everyone has to have their hopes and dreams, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

I think something that we as fans need to do is disabuse ourselves of the idea that the Lions are in any way "our team." Because they aren't. Hell, the Ford family doesn't even really need our ticket sales to pull a profit any more. It is the Ford family's vanity project, and we're just all the stupid rubes they play every single week as fools.

And for the record, I did cheer Suh on. Hell, one of the reasons I wanted to see the Rams win in 2016 was because I knew it would piss off so many Ford family loyalists that were upset that Suh dared thumb his nose at the Ford family's money, and took it as a personal insult to them and the city of Detroit.

I wanted the Lions to go 0-16 in 2008. I want them to go 0-17 in 2021, and I want the Rams to win a Super Bowl. Not because of the draft pick, but because I want the stench of that failure to be forever linked to the people who own it, and if a bunch of fans feel ashamed that gets linked to their personal identity, oh well. Anything that puts the sheer incompetence of the Detroit Lions and the Ford family into stark relief is good for me. Not to many things would make me happier than to see Stafford lift the Lombardi trophy while Lions fans cry about how unfair it is.

Maybe one day, the shame of being such miserable failures will lead the Fords to sell the team. I doubt it (I suspect the only thing that will incur that is a collapse of the REAL family company, where they feel compelled to sell the Lions to get needed capital), but hey... everyone has to have their hopes and dreams, right?
                    Wow. That was fucking superb. Not a rant, just a well written matter of fact piece about just "how it is"......., or "it is what it is" for Dpat.
                    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Yeah, it's the dichotomy of the "true" Lion fan - spend years (decades in some cases) bemoaning how terrible the franchise and ripping the players to shreds while wearing their jerseys. And then when one of said players is like "you know what, you're right, this organization is shit and i'm never going to win here" and heads out of town, it's the biggest betrayal ever.

Comment

• I hope the Fords get it right this time, but I'm not holding my breath. I always like a good redemption story, so hopefully they redeem their ownership. In the meantime I hope Stafford redeems the Rams by lifting the Lombardi trophy for their wonderful owner Stan Kroenke.

I don't think Futureshock is a true Ram fan like me.

Comment

• The Lions have spent the last 20 years or so trying to be someone else, trying to copycat trends. They were trying to be San Fran or Tampa or Indy or New England.

The ONE period they were actually quasi-successful was during the Fontes Era where they were actually ahead of the curve (but typical front office incompetence made it impossible to get over the hump). Even as the Run-N-Shoot evolved into more standard pro sets, the tenets remained... stretch defenses in all directions and take advantage of the gaps it creates.

But hell with being innovative when you can grab some stale protege and become San Francisco East?

Comment

• You are right on that, the last 20 years has been exactly that. That's why I kind of have a little more hope for this regime. It doesn't seem like they are trying to ape anyone. But they can still fail.

Comment

• They're falling into the same trap of being "hard nosed" and "blue collar," which fans eat up and what they hated about the Fontes Era.

Remember when it was a problem to score 30+ points too quickly?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                                Stafford didn’t have a great game but he did what he needed to do to win the game.
                                Maybe not a "great" game per se, but...he was 25 of 37 for 365. And a road win in Seattle. Yeah he had that WTF int in the end zone, and was off some on several throws, but in the end 350+ on the road in Seattle -- pretty good if you ask me.
                                AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

Working...
                                X