All Things Rams - Stafford Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
    In the game they lost 9-0 to the Saints, the Bucs went 21 for 118 yards on the ground. By contrast, the Saints ran the ball 31 times for 61 yard. Kamara and Ingram combined to run 20 times for 28 yards.

There are obviously numerous ways you can win a game. Running the ball down somebody's throat is certainly one of them. TB certainly had some games this year where they did that. New Orleans ran for 152 in their other win against TB. You know what else happened in that game? Brady was sacked 3 times, hit 5 times and threw 3 INTs. And TB still had a chance to march down the field late and win the game until Brady got pressured into a pick 6.

In the 4 games TB lost, Brady took 10 of his 20 sacks and threw 5 of his 12 INTs. I would guess the pressure rates in those games would reflect similarly. You want to beat Brady, get pressure on him.
    TB got those yards for the same reason the Chiefs had so many good runs in last years' Super Bowl. Because NO knew the Bucs weren't going to beat them on the ground, and thus didn't particularly try to stop them. They shut down Tampa because they kept Brady scrambling for his life and the Buc's ground game wasn't able to pick up the slack.

The Rams are capable of doing the same, kinda like what they did in Week 3 this year. This Bucs' team isn't unbeatable, just like Tom Brady isn't unbeatable. And in fact, I dare say the Rams actually match up VERY well against Tampa.

Comment

• Yes, the Rams are potentially a good matchup for the Bucs because they can pressure Brady with 4 or max 5 players, and do so from the interior with Donald. This was already covered. If they don't do that, it likely won't matter if the Bucs run for 40 yards or 140.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

TB got those yards for the same reason the Chiefs had so many good runs in last years' Super Bowl. Because NO knew the Bucs weren't going to beat them on the ground, and thus didn't particularly try to stop them. They shut down Tampa because they kept Brady scrambling for his life and the Buc's ground game wasn't able to pick up the slack.

The Rams are capable of doing the same, kinda like what they did in Week 3 this year. This Bucs' team isn't unbeatable, just like Tom Brady isn't unbeatable. And in fact, I dare say the Rams actually match up VERY well against Tampa.
        I feel like the Bucs are capable of getting Stafford off his mark consistently as well. That D Line is formidable and the Niners were getting home rushing 4 all day the other week. Barrett, Suh etc are a problem.

It’s gonna be an interesting game for sure.

Comment

• The Rams are starting to play like people envisioned them. Von Miller has came to life, Donald seems more disruptive than he was in the first half of the season. On offense OBJ is becoming a weapon and they have Akers back. The Bucs are formidable but are down a couple receivers.

Comment

• GO RAMS!!!
            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• RAMS NATION RISE UP!

Comment

• Go Rams!
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• But if TB wins then so do we!

Protect the pick
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Only lifelong Rams fans are in here, Jad. Fuck your pick!

Comment

• OBJ has been a revelation these last couple of weeks. 1st and 20 is normally a death knell for a lot of teams. The Rams are uniquely good at making 5 yard plays into 20+.

Comment

Only lifelong Rams fans are in here, Jad. Fuck your pick!
                        Absolutely bro! Go Rams!!
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• But... if they do.. Go Lions!
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

OBJ has been a revelation these last couple of weeks. 1st and 20 is normally a death knell for a lot of teams. The Rams are uniquely good at making 5 yard plays into 20+.
                            That sidearm pass to OBJ was awesome. He's been really good in LA
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• What's the Rams version of restore the roar? Complete the bleat?

Comment

• Holy shit TB looks... not good.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X