No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still have that on VHS Detroit feed, Mickey Redmond you will never hear his play by play b/c he missed it, he was out of the both heading down to do an interview between periods.

Comment

• I'll tell you what, had Roy not done the pussy move of keeping his catching glove on to make it impossible for Vernon to swing around, Roy wouldve been in the dressing room with Turtle.

I cant believe he kept that glove on.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• OK, aside from the Cups won and Conference Finals and Cup final appearances here are some of Ozzies standings. Note: they are not quite up to date because they have him at 396 wins.

Among Active Players:
        #2 in wins
        #3 in Shut outs
        #8 in Goals Against Average
        #2 in playoff wins
        #2 in playoff shut outs.

Among all time Goalies:
        #10 in wins
        #24 in shut outs
        #23 in Goals against average
        #8 in playoff wins
        #4 in playoff shut outs.

Now, if you want to argue there should only be 5 goaltenders enshrined in the HOF, you have a good argument that he does not belong.

I am not sure how they do it but I would think that each years class would include at least one goalie. If that is so, he is a lock to get in Maybe not his first year of eligibility depending on when Brodure retires.

Take that, JAADAM!
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• When people think Chris Osgood; they remember the man who gave up a center ice shot against Dallas in the playoffs that really ripped the heart out of the Red Wings.

Osgood has Hall of Fame numbers, but he was not a Hall of Fame player. This isn't baseball where the numbers are God.

Comment

• I really don't think that's what "people" think of when they think of Chris Osgood. They think of a guy who's won two Cups but wasn't much more than an above average goaltender who had the good fortune to play goal for a hockey machine. The second Cup, actually subbing for a legend who was pulled for ineffectiveness and taking the team all the way, was what made this conversation possible. As you say, it's not all about numbers in hockey, and that probably works to Osgood's advantage.
            I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• Osgood was a good goalie.. The HoF shouldnt be for "good" players. It needs to be the elite of the game.

How many Vezinas did he win? How many times was he even invited to the awards show to possibly win the top goalie award? None. MVP's? No way.

Yeah he was great in the 07 playoffs but he's always been blessed to have been wearing the winged wheel.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• When people think Chris Osgood; they remember the man who gave up a center ice shot against Dallas in the playoffs that really ripped the heart out of the Red Wings.
                That will never go away, I think people mostly think him as a very good premiere back-up. The Red Wings were always looking for a goalie better, Vernon, Curtis Joseph, Hasek. Why would you need to shop around for a goalie if you have a HoF one already?
                Still, he should be look at as one of the best Red Wing goalies of all time.

Comment

• If the Red Wings had a hall of fame or ring of honor thing, then I could see putting Ozzie up there. Definitely don't see him in the Hockey Hall of Fame, nor would I retire his jersey #. As of right now, the only Red Wing on the current roster that is worthy of a retired jersey # is Nick in my opinion.
                  Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• True, but Pavel and Hank are heading there. They've got a lot of years left.
                    I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• ZETTERBURG is world class too. Don't know if he'll have the longevity to get the big honor though.
                      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• I agree with you about Pavel and Hank, as long as they continue on their career paths at their current pace.
                        Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
                          If the Red Wings had a hall of fame or ring of honor thing, then I could see putting Ozzie up there. Definitely don't see him in the Hockey Hall of Fame, nor would I retire his jersey #. As of right now, the only Red Wing on the current roster that is worthy of a retired jersey # is Nick in my opinion.
                          #5 in the rafters is pretty much a no-brainer.

Hell, by the time it comes to the HoF voting, the person advocating for Lidstrom will only have to pull out a page from when Barry Sanders came up for Canton. "Niklas Lidstrom is eligible for the Hall of Fame. That's all."

Comment

• Originally posted by gjdodger View Post
                            True, but Pavel and Hank are heading there. They've got a lot of years left.
                            See I dont know.. They're on the cusp but they'd need to win a few more cups and put up some big numbers. Dats has some of the hardware with the Selke and Bing but he'd need a few big seasons.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                              The Red Wings were always looking for a goalie better, Vernon, Curtis Joseph, Hasek. Why would you need to shop around for a goalie if you have a HoF one already?
                              No doubt.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• but they'd need to win a few more cups and put up some big numbers
                                That's pretty high expectations, one more with theses guy and I'll be happy.

Comment

Working...
                                X