Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ducks' Perry wins Hart Trophy as NHL's MVP

Dude had an amazing second half of the season. It was amazing watching him with the puck. It was Jordanesque if you will.

You could see his growth, skill and maturity expanding exponentially during this past season.

Ducks fans are proud today.
    19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Congrats Nick.

GO LIONS "11" !
      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• I like the trading out of the 1st round landing two 2nd rounders. We need to restock that farm system and also have the juice to make trades since for once we have cap space!
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I think this is good news. Ericsson looked like he was making strides in the playoffs.

Comment

• Ericsson is a solid defenseman, can't complain at all unless they grossly overpay to re-sign him.

Comment

• I was hoping to get Markov from the Canadians once he hit FA, but they resigned him to a significant amount of money. They gave him 5.75 mil for 3 years.

Ericsson will be a good 5th Dman. Hopefully Smith makes the team.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• What did you guys think of our draft picks? I like the Tomas Jurco kid, seems like a really raw Dats.
                AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• I absolutely loved this draft.

Here are the guys I liked best:

1) Ryan Sproul, http://www.redwingscentral.com/2011/...ooting-sproul/

2) Mattias Backman, http://www.redwingscentral.com/2011/...obile-backman/

3) Philippe Hudon, http://www.redwingscentral.com/2011/...-awaits-hudon/

4) Alexei Marchenko (steal of the draft), http://www.redwingscentral.com/2011/...for-marchenko/

5) Marek Tvrdon, http://www.redwingscentral.com/2011/...njured-tvrdon/

6) Richard Nedomlel, http://www.redwingscentral.com/2011/...e-tough-czech/

Thats some good general information on the class
                  2013 2014 AAL: Glover Quin #27

Comment

• I'm not entirely certain of Jurco's ability to be big goal scorer at the NHL level, but the things he can do with his stick seem to thumb its nose at the laws of physics. I could see him racking up a lot of assists if his passing can catch up to his stickhandling.

At the very worst, you could put him and Datsyuk together when you're trying to kill clock and watch them play keep away every shift.

Comment

• Seems good to me... but I would say that no matter who they picked and don't know shit about hockey prospects.

The Red Wings are like the Patriots or Steelers of Hockey.. It's just assumed they picked well cause they seem to know what they are doing.
                      Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Jurco right now really only has his stick work ready for the NHL. Granted, that stick work is incredibly awesome... but as far as the rest of his game, he needs a lot of work. He's not a poor skater, but his shot is really unreliable and his passing is spotty. His defense is decent enough, I suppose... but he's still a fairly unpolished prospect. It's going to be a few years before he breaks into the NHL.

What should help him a lot is that the Wings are under no pressure to rush him into the Wings' locker room until he's ready. That's really what's been the biggest factor for the Wings' development of players. They don't have to thrust their draft picks onto the top roster... they can take their time until they are ready to be brought up to the highest level.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                          Jurco right now really only has his stick work ready for the NHL. Granted, that stick work is incredibly awesome... but as far as the rest of his game, he needs a lot of work. He's not a poor skater, but his shot is really unreliable and his passing is spotty. His defense is decent enough, I suppose... but he's still a fairly unpolished prospect. It's going to be a few years before he breaks into the NHL.

What should help him a lot is that the Wings are under no pressure to rush him into the Wings' locker room until he's ready. That's really what's been the biggest factor for the Wings' development of players. They don't have to thrust their draft picks onto the top roster... they can take their time until they are ready to be brought up to the highest level.
                          This. Jurco is nowhere near ready from the NHL, but he has a skill-set that is hard to teach while lacking in skills that he can learn by general practice and playing against more skilled players. Any given season the Red Wings don't need a single one of their "prospects" unlike the tigers. It means that players get a chance to mature before they play, they play limited time when they do get called up allowing them to integrate. Overall if the player has skill the Red Wings they will find it. If not overall affect on the success of the team is not impacted.

For that reason I really like these boom or bust players here. Best case scenario we get a player with a skill-set similar to another player of ours, hopefully smoothing any transition heading to retirement (hopefully not anytime soon). Bust, well hell we still have two other 2nds that may or may not be needed or work out in the NHL.
                          AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• FA Dmen are falling off the grid. We might be settling for Ed Jovanoski on a short term contract to wait for the trade deadline or next years FA.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Yea, I could see us getting Erhoff though for under 5 mil...I don't they can fit him in Vancouver and he wants to win, so his best bet is Detroit.

Edit: I meant around 5 mil...under 5 mil would be a hell of a discount
                              2013 2014 AAL: Glover Quin #27

Comment

• You could do worse than getting Jovocop

Comment

Working...
                                X