No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A trade could change things, if Jan Mursak and Cory Emmerton fill NHL roster spots as expected next season, that puts the Red Wings at 14 forwards under contract for 2011-12.

Comment

• Holland HAS to answer are:

Has he done anything to replace Rafalski's lost production?

Not even close.

Has this team gotten any better defensively and are now able to reduce the GA in proportion to the points lost by not addressing the concerns of the first question?

Not even close.

If what Holland has said in interviews today is true and this is the team hes taking into next season, you have to realistically ask yourself do you see this team competing against any of the other top 7 teams in the west. If your answer is anything but no, than you really are kidding yourself.

Comment

• Things are still early WF.. Lets see what happens, I'm pretty sure Holland deserves a little patience. I like the following tho from Mlive.

If the Red Wings opt for a trade – general manager Ken Holland said he had a lot of discussions with teams prior to and during last weekend's entry draft – options might include Calgary's Jay Bouwmeester, Phoenix's Keith Yandle or Winnipeg's Zach Bogosian.

Bogosian will command too much back in return but I'd LOVE to get Bouwmeester.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
          Oh, Jesus H. Christ. Settle the fuck down.

3.3 million a year for Ericsson is not that bad. I figured it would probably take 3 million to keep him; just look at the pool of defensemen this offseason. A man on his last legs like Jovanovski got 4 years, 16 million.

Commadore is on a one year deal. The Red Wings are "stuck" with him about as much as you're "stuck" with a pay as you go cell phone.

Good God... the sky is not falling, Chicken Little.
          -------------------------------You big Optimigo chemi. :-) I agree.

GO LIONS "11" !
          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Take a valium, Wings Fan.

Games are played on the ice, not on paper.
            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• If this was all the Wings did, and they were content with these moves, then I'd probably be concerned.

But there's a LOT of Free Agency yet to go, and ya know, sometimes the talent you want simply isn't there. Who exactly are the Wings supposed to target to replace Rafalski (I'm brushing over the fact that Rafalski looked shit awful in the playoffs last season)? Ericsson at 3.23 mil is arguably the best option available at the best price.

Comment

• Feel free to welcome back free agent A. LILJA. :twisted:
                19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                  Feel free to welcome back free agent A. LILJA. :twisted:
                  NEVAH!!!!
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• and I like the Commadore signing for a 5th dman. He's a big body that we'll need to get past SJ next year.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Wuz up Afrikaadam?

Comment

• Nada brother, just chillin. My bday is tomorrow so we're going to go out tonight and get into trouble.

Whats shakin in your neck of the woods?
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Nice....happy early birthday man. Don't forget to wrap that jimmy. :twisted:

We're all chillin at my SIL house down on Balboa Island (Newport Beach, CA) for 5 days (started Friday). So lots of beach, boats, bikinis, boobs and boozing. Not necessarily in that order.

Comment

• Happy Birthday Jaadam. Sounds fun Gonz.
                            ------------
                            <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                              I guess your not up to Red Wings established standard of the best players coming to Detroit to win the Cup.

Lets see.... Drew Miller - ride the pine 2 mil

Ericsson - good 6th defense 10 million dollars - right!

Mike Commodore - douchbag, who any team could have. Played 20 games last year and is a cancer! 1 mil as a negative!

Patrick Eaves - I like him 3.6-million really?

Please tell me, what was good about today?
                              What was good bout today, is that we didn't overspend or give long contracts. We are sitting at nearly $10 Mill to spend this year. We still have a team that should walk into the playoffs, and we will be one of few players at the trade deadline.

Comment

• From a NHL story I just read:

(Yesterday) "a day where more than $280 million was spent and Brad Richards, the prize of the free-agent class, had yet to decide from suitors that include the Kings, Calgary and the New York Rangers."

Comment

Working...
                                X