No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I like the Commodore signing too. Sometimes guys get a boost from being around all of the talent on this team. Look at what happened to Larry Murphy back in 97. When he was with Toronto everyone thought he was done. He came to the Wings and looked like a very good defenseman for a couple of seasons. Obviously, Commodore is not in Murphy's class but he's fairly young and a big defensive defenseman.

The Wings may not have filled the offensive void left by Rafalski, but it looks like they're going to try and let either Kindl or Smith earn that spot and my guess is if they aren't up to the task, they'll try to acquire someone at the deadline. This team is a lock for the playoffs (barring major injuries) so the lack of activity is nothing to worry about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
      Nice....happy early birthday man. Don't forget to wrap that jimmy. :twisted:

We're all chillin at my SIL house down on Balboa Island (Newport Beach, CA) for 5 days (started Friday). So lots of beach, boats, bikinis, boobs and boozing. Not necessarily in that order.
      Thanks hommie..

Man that sounds like a blast. Have a few drinks and say hello to a few of the boobs for me!
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew View Post
        Happy Birthday Jaadam. Sounds fun Gonz.
        Thanks dude
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Happy Birthday, jaadam.

Comment

• Thanks Tom.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Happy Birthday, Jaadam!
              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• LOL Ok, I was blowing off some steam all day yesterday. Happy 4th weekend everyone :-)

Comment

• Jaadam have a good one! :-D

Comment

• Better news today, the Red Wings have agreed to terms with defenseman Ian White on a two-year deal.
                    Last edited by WingsFan; July 2, 2011, 04:07 PM.

Comment

• Yesterday) "a day where more than $280 million was spent and Brad Richards, the prize of the free-agent class, had yet to decide from suitors that include the Kings, Calgary and the New York Rangers."
                      Richards signs with the rangers, nine-years, $60 million

Comment

• Ian White is a very good signing. He was big for the sharks in the playoffs and only 27.
                        Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• White hip-check, sends Cole somersaulting and a fight after..

[YOUTUBE]VO7R7CencAI[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

• Good signing... White is better defensively than Rafalski. Nowhere near as good offensively, but better defensively. We are now about a push for defensive ability on the back end, but lacking in offensive skill that we had with last years core. Still $6 million to play with at the trade deadline/post-Hudler trade.

Comment

• Wings are gonna have trouble replacing their defensemen the next couple of years, there just aren't that many good offensive and defensive defensemen.

Comment

• They are still hurting over the fact that Fisher had to retire early. There were a lot of eggs in that basket.
                                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

Working...
                                X