Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
    Why the HELL would you protect Howard and leave Mrazek open?

Oh right... because Holland values loyalty and age over talent and youth. Forgot.

Get fired, Holland.
    Well you can bitch at Holland for a lot of things but I am not sure you can on this one. Howard had a much better GAA (2.10 to 3.01), better save percentage (.927 to .901) and almost as many quality starts (16 to 19) despite playing in a lot fewer games (26 to 50) than Mrazek. Second year, that Mrazek has spit the bit when given the starter's job.
    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• I'm fine with keeping Howard. Right now, he's better. Plus, golies usually age pretty well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
        Well you can bitch at Holland for a lot of things but I am not sure you can on this one. Howard had a much better GAA (2.10 to 3.01), better save percentage (.927 to .901) and almost as many quality starts (16 to 19) despite playing in a lot fewer games (26 to 50) than Mrazek. Second year, that Mrazek has spit the bit when given the starter's job.
        They aren't getting back in contention within Howard's shelf life. They might get there within Mrazek's. They should be in full rebuild at this point, not clinging to all these veterans who are already topped out. Any scenario that isn't Mrazek: Protected and Howard: Unprotected means Holland: Should be Fired.

Comment

They aren't getting back in contention within Howard's shelf life. They might get there within Mrazek's. They should be in full rebuild at this point, not clinging to all these veterans who are already topped out. Any scenario that isn't Mrazek: Protected and Howard: Unprotected means Holland: Should be Fired.
          Both are getting paid top shelf goalie money and one will have to sit.

Who has the longer contract?
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

Why the HELL would you protect Howard and leave Mrazek open?

Oh right... because Holland values loyalty and age over talent and youth. Forgot.

Get fired, Holland.
            Agreed. Howards age and play is terrible. Keep the young buck with a higher ceiling and oh maybe I dont.... put a defense around him..
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Neither are the answer, they are so far away it doesn't matter. Mrazek looked like dung last year.

Comment

• I think it was a smart move. I would think that Mrazek is going to be safe given the list of available goaltenders not protected from other teams. Howard had a decent year when not playing injured and I think we would of been in danger of losing him if he would of been unprotected instead of Mrazek. I guess we'll find out if that gamble pays off or not.
                All emotions can be traced back to two basic ones........love and fear.

Comment

• From what I read, Mrazek's attitude got him left off the protected list.
                  Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
                    From what I read, Mrazek's attitude got him left off the protected list.
                    Then Holland needs to grow a set rather than get pissy about a goaltender's justified attitude. Mrazek has a right to bitch. It should have been his job two years ago, but Holland is a fucking idiot who should have been fired and kept this 1A and 1B situation out of misplaced loyalty to Howard.

Comment

• Mrazek wasn't lighting the world on fire, I have no idea if he had a bad attitude, who cares, he's not entitled to a #1 job with the way he played last year.

The Wings are the opposite of the Pistons, they will draw if they go through a full rebuild. This weird preoccupation with getting back to the playoffs this season is stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        The Wings are the opposite of exact same as the Pistons, they will draw if they go through a full rebuild. This weird preoccupation with just getting back to the playoffs this season is stupid.
                        Fixed that for ya.
                        Last edited by chemiclord; June 19, 2017, 05:38 PM.

Comment

• One thing to remember is teams can offer draft picks to Vegas to NOT pick certain guys. That won't be announced until the expansion draft. Maybe we toss them a late round pick to not draft Mrazek.

Comment

• Chemiclord thinks he is being clever, but the joke is on him, the Wings will draw with a bad team. But that would mean he would have to look at facts like attendance figures.

Comment

• The Dead Things era would suggest you're wrong. Not that you can ever admit you're wrong.

If the Red Wings stink, the fans will bail on them just as easily. The only team in Detroit that gets a pass for playing like fresh shit are the Lions, and even THAT has its limits.

Comment

• That was well over 30 years ago, the current squad was third in the league in attendance. The Red Wings have done fine in attendance and they have had little chance at winning a tie the last 5 years. They draw fans leriod, even whe. They are scrambling to get the 8th seed.

Comment

Working...
                                X