• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fontes91 View Post
    I hate the penguins.
    amen
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Jaadam, you were dead wrong about Cleary.......

Brad Galli‏Verified account @BradGalli [ame="https://twitter.com/BradGalli/status/874808239422091264"]9h9 hours ago[/ame]

Ladies and gentlemen, Dan Cleary just won a Calder Cup championship with the Grand Rapids Griffins.
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Brad Galli‏Verified account @BradGalli [ame="https://twitter.com/BradGalli/status/874809116669227010"]9h9 hours ago[/ame]

Tyler Bertuzzi named MVP of the AHL's Calder Cup Playoffs. He became the Griffins all-time leading playoff scorer tonight.

Comment

• I used to go to a lot of games when I lived in GR - they were thr Owls back then. GR has it going on right now - with the White Caps doing well and the Griffins winning the ahl cup, they might be the only teams in MI to make the playoffs in 2017.

Comment

• Too bad none of these guys are good enough to make it in the "man's league."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
              Nashville got screwed on that disallowed goal. Why did they blow the whistle so quickly?
              Yes they did.
              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                Yes they did.
                I don't watch a lot of hockey but I thought the disallowed goal was odd. Under what circumstances can the ref blow a whistle and stop play?

Comment

• I don't think the refs stopped the play by themselves. The Penguins coach wanted to challenge the so the play was stopped. There's no way one could decipher the opposite of what was called and it's suppose to be decisive to overturn. That was no where close to decisive.
                  GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
                    I don't watch a lot of hockey but I thought the disallowed goal was odd. Under what circumstances can the ref blow a whistle and stop play?
                    The Ref can blow the play dead when they lose sight of the puck. This is a problem because it is not uncommon to lose sight of the puck. A whistle will be blown early in a case like this if there is someone that is attacking the crease or has continually been in the crease prior to this play.

I did not watch the game but the replay I saw on You Tube suggests the NHL is tainted .......but I would expect nothing less with Betman at the helm.

......I wonder if Blandino is on a short list for the league.........

Comment

• That was another call that screwed the Preds Malto. The ref didn't even give it anytime. I've seen much more time lapse when the puck is under the goalie. I've nver seen a whistle blow quicker.
                      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Thanks guys. I would think that losing sight of the puck would happen a lot more than it is called, thus giving the refs a chance to influence games, whether it be intentionally, or not.

Comment

• The lists are out!

Here is the Red Wings list of protected players for the expansion draft.

Detroit Red Wings

Protected players
                          Justin Abdelkader (F)
                          Andreas Athanasiou (F)
                          Anthony Mantha (F)
                          Frans Nielsen (F)
                          Gustav Nyquist (F)
                          Tomas Tatar (F)
                          Henrik Zetterberg (F)
                          Danny DeKeyser (D)
                          Mike Green (D)
                          Nick Jensen (D)
                          Jimmy Howard (G)
                          Available players
                          Louis-Marc Aubry (F)
                          Mitch Callahan (F)
                          Colin Campbell (F)
                          Martin Frk (F)
                          Luke Glendening (F)
                          Darren Helm (F)
                          Drew Miller (F)
                          Tomas Nosek (F)
                          Riley Sheahan (F)
                          Ben Street (F)
                          Eric Tangradi (F)
                          Adam Almquist (D)
                          Jonathan Ericsson (D)
                          Niklas Kronwall (D)
                          Brian Lashoff (D)
                          Dylan McIlrath (D)
                          Xavier Ouellet (D)
                          Ryan Sproul (D)
                          Jared Coreau (G)
                          Petr Mrazek (G)
                          Edward Pasquale (G)
                          Jake Paterson (G)

Comment

• Howard over Mrazak. Dang!!
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Looks like my undergraduate transcripts.
                              Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Why the HELL would you protect Howard and leave Mrazek open?

Oh right... because Holland values loyalty and age over talent and youth. Forgot.

Get fired, Holland.

Comment

Working...
                                X