No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonight's game is probably the most excited I've been about the Wings in over a decade

If the surgery does for Patrick Kane what it did for Andy Murray, the Wings could level up. They were already looking like a playoff team, but now maybe we can dream bigger.

Seeing him practice in a Wings jersey was awesome

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

• I’m excited too but I was shit happy when Mike Modano signed with the Wings as well. I’m tempering my expectations. Brett Hull set the bar really high when it comes to old guys
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I'm more of a casual Wings fan.

Watching Kane wear the jersey as he's getting on the practice ice just had such an epic feel to it. Felt like it was early 2000s again.

I don't expect him to be MVP level, but if he can be back to what he was 2 years ago before the injury, that would be huge. His presence alone should help and inspire the younguns.

In that clip, you can see I think Debrincat look at him like I wish my wife would look at me, lol.

Comment

• Mike Madono...I had forgot about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Axe View Post
            I'm more of a casual Wings fan.

Watching Kane wear the jersey as he's getting on the practice ice just had such an epic feel to it. Felt like it was early 2000s again.

I don't expect him to be MVP level, but if he can be back to what he was 2 years ago before the injury, that would be huge. His presence alone should help and inspire the younguns.

In that clip, you can see I think Debrincat look at him like I wish my wife would look at me, lol.
            Fair enough. It is going to be cool to see him in a Wings jersey. The Wings will be playing out of their minds pushing for a win. I’m looking forward to it
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I was never a fan of Modano.

Comment

• What the hell happened in the second period?

Comment

• Too many odd man rushes which seems to be a theme with this team. And that’s the 2nd straight game they had a 4-0 lead and screwed it up. Granted they beat Buffalo but they are too careless.

Comment

• That game was crazy. They were 1 second away from the fastest 6 goals in NHL history, scoring them in 3min 1 sec.

Scoreless first period. 2nd period Wings started it off by scoring 3 goals in 29sec and then adding another in the next minute. Sharks changed their goalie and their defenseman commited a penalty. Thinking that cool, game is over, Wings 4-0, on the power play, what could go wrong?

Sharks then score 2 shorthanded goals in the next 2 min. Both off of freak turnovers (pass bounces off skate for an odd man rush, puck takes weird bounce off board for another odd man rush). Follow that up with 2 more goals to close the period, making it the highest scoring period in the NHL this season and a 4-4 tie.

3rd period returns to normal. Larkin scores with about 5min left off a sweet shot into top left corner and it's looking good. 3min left and Sharks pull the goalie. Sharks aren't really getting any good chances, but then the defenseman gets off a shot he purposely hits wide left off the boards and they put it in off the rebound with about 1:20 left. Tie game and OT.

Wings control the puck for the first 30 seconds, then some sort of miscommunication a turnover and a 2 on nothing break for the Sharks first lead and game winner.

It's an OT loss, so a point. Kane looked good. If he continues to get more comfortable, he'll be a major boost. He gets the puck and things slow down. He reminds me of Gretzky. He's never in a rush or going fast, but no-one can take the puck from him.

Comment

• What a shit loss but it’s good to see Kane out there. I’d have bet the farm they would win this one.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• "It's an OT loss, so a point."

I've never liked this system of rewarding teams for losses and I definitely dont like deciding games in a shoot out.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
                          "It's an OT loss, so a point."

I've never liked this system of rewarding teams for losses and I definitely dont like deciding games in a shoot out.
                          The alternative is watching teams tentatively skate around in circles for [x] number of minutes to preserve getting one point for a tie or not having OT periods in the regular season at all.

Those were all apparently things the audience couldn't suffer either.

Comment

• Unfortunately, they were very close to getting an empty net goal which probably would have iced the victory.

Comment

• Larkin is going to be out at least a week. I didn’t see the hit but I heard he was out for a bit.

Comment

• Wings finally win one with Kane in the lineup. Although I think they gave up another short handed goal.

Comment

Working...
                                X