No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah you might guys have some merit in your arguments but to me watching teams in the East has go away heat. I don't watch any of those teams. I'd rather they be in the west and I think the move has been a disaster.

Comment

• It's a fair viewpoint, I'd be lying if I didn't miss the west rivalries too. I'm just not expecting the east to provide anything until the Wings are good enough to warrant it. We didn't get much from them after the move even before the wheels fell all the way off.

Comment

• The way the Wings are going, we will.never any rivalries in the East before we die. But again, teams like the Bruins, Flyers and Rangers are of no interest to me. I always look at what the west is doing in the NHL before the gross realization that they are in theeast sets in. This gross realization gets worse every year.

Comment

• Rivalries are built in the playoffs. Once the Red Wings start making the playoffs in the East, the rivalries will come.
          All emotions can be traced back to two basic ones........love and fear.

Comment

• Originally posted by SnowMeiser View Post
            Rivalries are built in the playoffs. Once the Red Wings start making the playoffs in the East, the rivalries will come.
            So, if everything goes just right, we might see the beginnings of some new rivalries in 5 years?

Comment

• The roster should be realistically playoff competitive this year or next. No idea how much rope a new coach gets.

Comment

• The Wings are as bad defensively as the Tigers are offensively. They need to get much better defensively.to even have a chance at getting an 8 seed.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  The Wings are as bad defensively as the Tigers are offensively. They need to get much better defensively.to even have a chance at getting an 8 seed.
                  Hey, wanna see something interesting?

Did you know the Red Wings have been out of "cap hell" for a while? Did you know despite this they continue to spend in the bottom half of the league (and literally among the worst when it comes to spending on defense)?

Did you know Chris Illitch also owns the Red Wings?

There's a common thread here... I just gotta find it...

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

Did you know the Red Wings have been out of "cap hell" for a while? Did you know despite this they continue to spend in the bottom half of the league (and literally among the worst when it comes to spending on defense)?

Isn't hockey FA suck dried up ant balls bad?
                    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• It's astonishing how many people will make pre-emptive excuses for Yzerman. Free agency isn't as good as it used to be, but it isn't nothing. You are paying Yzerman the big bucks to figure i . It's year 4 and it's time to win more games than you lose. Time for the rationalizations to end.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

I continue to believe the people who are so bullish on the Red Wings future have not watched or listened to the team play over the last year. They were worse than the Washington Generals on defense.

Comment

• I think the right coach can make a big difference in the NHL. Gerard Gallant goes to teams and they just seem to start winning. Blashill prob just isn't a good NHL coach. Seider is obviously a foundational rock, Edvinsson should be as well. That's a good starting point defensively
                          WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Let's hope so, big summer for Yzerman. He has to deliver.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

Isn't hockey FA suck dried up ant balls bad?
                              Exactly. I’ve pointed it that out many times but it completely gets dismissed.

Mr I and the big spenders ruined NHL free agency so now only 30+ year olds hit URFA. You can’t buy a team in the NHL
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• So is the only way to improve a team is to.tank and get a lottery pick for 5 or 6 years? The free pass is endless.

Comment

Working...
                                X