No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wasn't retirement, think it was coming on for a while, just didn;t realize it.. got lucky and knew what was going down and woke the wife and said lets roll..through the worst of it, and hopefully a ton of living ahead of myself..
    If you keep shootin, you can turn any piece of meat into burger

Comment

• OMGoodness Dale. Sorry, you had to experience that awful health issue. But so glad that you pulled through to share your comeback with us.

This is why I'm never going to retire (yeah, sure, that's the reason). ??

GWS buddy

P9230142.JPG

19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by THE STEE View Post
        Well kids, a month ago I had a heart attack but made it to the hospital and had triple bypass surgery. The Stee is mending nicely and am such a lucky guy to have a wife like mine. Blood pressure is perfect, heart rate down, learning how to sleep again, chest is still sore from being jacked open, but we are on the right track.. all stress is out of my life and I can concentrate on getting healthy once again.. so in case you heard I bit the big one...wrong, will be around for awhile longer... love to all
        Whew! Sorry to hear that shit, man. Now you know why they call those damn things widow makers. They sneak up on you and strike with little notice (......well, little in plain sight, plenty with rear vision).

Glad to hear you are on the mend, my man. A lesson learned here.

From this moment forward it is time to enjoy your beautiful bride and daughters, family and friends. Not once, should you decide to not do something you might think you would enjoy. You have been served notice that this is your time. Take advantage of it and enrich your already rock solid relationships with your loved ones.

I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• it certainly was an eye opener..at least I get a chance to open them each day. visit the surgeon on thursday and cardiologist in afternoon, hoping I can resume driving. headed to escanaba the week after to make a knife. love to all... nice pic gonz, was so happy to finally meet you.

Comment

• No disrespect to my other friends in and around the D but I primarily made that last trek in 2013 to meet you and Mickey (RIP Sharkbait).

The honor was entirely mine in meeting the two of you and your spouses/other family members.

19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by THE STEE View Post
              wasn't retirement, think it was coming on for a while, just didn;t realize it.. got lucky and knew what was going down and woke the wife and said lets roll..through the worst of it, and hopefully a ton of living ahead of myself..
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Jaadam, I was not going down with out a fight.. They told me I had a small chance I might not make it through the surgery, but put my trust in the man upstairs, kissed the wife and told her I'll be back. things are going well, and getting my lungs back into shape. Was nice to open my eyes and see my family, a little worried but smilin

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                  Getting a (black) Weber Genisis II SE-310 delivered tomorrow is going to make for a helluva day and keep me busy this mother's day weekend, memorial day weekend and hopefully through the next ten years (health permitting).

Hot diggity.

Comment

• Dale, so happy you are okay! Sorry you (and your family) went through that. Wishing you a speedy recovery and good health the rest of your retirement!!!
                    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• The Stee

Very scary moment and so soon after your retirement. That doctor telling an already nervous man that he might not make it through the surgery? My God. Brave stuff hearing that, man and definitely given another chance in pulling through that ordeal.

A new start, and hey...... change the tag-line..... no more burgers!! ????????
                      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• thanks Deb everything from here out is a step in the right direction. I have been blessed with an angelic wife and two beautiful daughters that stepped up big time and supported their mother when she needed it most. Marko it was a little disturbing to hear, but what ya gonna do, live with a failing heart? I just told him do what you do best and we are good to go. about my tagline... yeah might have to get heart smart

Comment

• Firsty I've heard of this Dale. So glad you are OK. You are a wonderful human being. God bless you.
                          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• hope to see you this year, somewhere DanO.. not to start a hug fest but you are a special person yourself.. love to you and the kids

Comment

• F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

Working...
                                X