• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
    Is Westworld still pretty good?
    Oh yea.
    First two episodes are great IMO.
    Episode 3 takes a step back to expand and it gets gradually better every episode.
    Based on where it's building, after episode 9 and 10, this could be the best season 1 of any series since "True Detective."

Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
    You know what's been good IMO is Shameless. This season has been fantastic although it feels like this might be it
    Awesome. My sister recommended that yesterday and that's #1 on my next to watch list.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Agreed on WW. World building in episodes 1-2 were great. 3-6 were about character building and a little slow. But the payoff looks to be great. It's fantastically produce and acted. It's so well weaved together.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
      AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Cody you've never watched Shameless? It's pretty awesome
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Yea never seen it.
          I've seen the first couple of episodes now. It's pretty... bizarre, yet good. The pilot director of that series is the director everyone hates in GoT lol... Mark Mylod.

Latest episode of WW ... literally mind blowing.
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Started WW. Really a cool concept. It's a little slow but I like it. Nice cast too
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Has anyone seen the Netflix show / documentary "Making a Murderer"? Its a true story. I'm 4 episodes in and I'm horrified at the shit I'm watching. Never seen anything like this
              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Westworld is sooooooooooo slowwwwwwwww. I'm borderline falling asleep during every episode. I'm 4 episodes in and barely hanging on.

Cool concept tho
                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Westworld is sooooooooooo slowwwwwwwww. I'm borderline falling asleep during every episode. I'm 4 episodes in and barely hanging on.

Cool concept tho
                  Episode 4 is when the strings start to connect and the story starts unraveling.
                  AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• It's getting a little better but I'm failing to see how this could be something long term.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

It's getting a little better but I'm failing to see how this could be something long term.
                      It might not be. It's got a season 2. But really season one wrapped up pretty well. The creator Jonathan Nolan says that season 2 won't be till 2018 and basically reading between the lines he is only going to continue the show when he has perfect ideas instead of on schedule. There are ways to adapt it to be GoT long or longer but I don't see them going that route.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
                      AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Now that Season 1 of WW is over, I'd say it was a great season.
                        One of my favorite movies is "Blade Runner." That can be thought of as a slow movie, but has A LOT of meaning / substance to it.
                        "Blade Runner" kind of is like WW... wonder if that's why I really enjoyed it. + the Nolan style of course. Also similar to "Ex Machina", which was spectacular.

Finished Season 1 of "Shameless" and also really enjoyed this. Great mix of drama and comedy with so many small details that are hilarious. Season 2 has been just as good through two episodes.
                        Best characters are Scheila, Kev, Lip, and CARL. Frank is so troll, but so far is a flat character. Very extreme, but I'm hoping there is an arch to Frank.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Shameless is fun but it gets flat through some of the middle seasons but the last season is pretty damned good for what it is.

Just watched episode 6 and it's getting good. I think I might start at the beginning and pay closer attention but I like it.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Topweasel View Post
                            The creator Jonathan Nolan says that season 2 won't be till 2018 and basically reading between the lines he is only going to continue the show when he has perfect ideas instead of on schedule.
                            Are you kidding?
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Are you kidding?
                              Nope. Straight from the Creator/Showrunner/Scriptwriter/sometimes Director. If that is the guy that says 2018 you pretty much have to believe him.

It's probably the case of this season being close to a Standalone season and Jonathan saying they would only agree to a season at a time at his pace. Think of it more as a sequel mini series and not a true serial TV show.
                              AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• That's great from the craativity standpoint. I hope they can keep the standards high. I looked on imdb and the budget for year 1 was 100 mil. That's absurd for a tv show!
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X